Main Menu

New Zealander

Started by globederby, October 31, 2017, 01:00:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

globederby

The size of these forums is rather daunting.
A question for those in the States with local knowledge.
I have recently picked up a barn find 1952 De Soto Diplomat Custom SP23 in brilliant condition.
Now being the export model of that year and according to my research only 1060 made , how hard is it to find parts for these cars.
I have been given some USA leads but all I can find is sp15 and Firedome for that year in there catalogues. Is the sp15 the same as the sp23 and same parts ,just a different model name for export.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards Rees

Cuda Cody

Welcome @globederby   :welcome:  Thanks for joining us.  Sorry I can't help with any De Soto parts, but there's a lot of guys here with more knowledge then me.  Maybe Tony knows?  Have you tried Stevens?

blown motor

Welcome to the site from  :canada: Good luck with your parts search.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Great to see you here @globederby  Welcome

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

CudaMoparRay

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. Hard to say on the Desoto, I would try searching the web to see if there is a club that specializes in them. There used to be a Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge/Desoto Owners group or something like that but I can't find info on them now. They were active in the 80's and earlier and used to have a newsletter before the internet days.
Sheldon

Jay Bee

Sorry, no help with parts either, just chiming in to say  :welcome: from Ontario  :canada:

globederby

Thnx guys, seem to have got a rare one on my hands.
Have tried some leads but no luck as yet. Early days so will keep trying. Any local info and leads most welcome.
Regards Rees

Chryco Psycho

Post a couple of the pix you sent to me earlier , cannot hurt
Below the box you type in there is attach just click on browse & select the picture

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  What equipment does it have and what are you looking for?  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

340challconvert

Welcome from New Jersey   :wave:

Globederby

There is a vendor that has his business locally to me here in NJ
Kanter Auto Parts has been in business for many years and carries mostly mechanical and interior parts for many older cars from the 1930's to the early 1980's
They may be able to help you with DeSoto parts and they ship globally!
Here is the link:

https://www.kanter.com/

Good luck with your parts hunt!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Roadman