Main Menu

1968 1969 Hemi Master Cylinder Core 2225621 SOLD

Started by njsteve, September 10, 2022, 05:22:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Original Chrysler (Bendix) 2225621 master cylinder core from my old 1970 Hemi Charger R/T-SE. Not a reproduction. This casting number was used up through the 1969 model year. It has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for 25 years. It's in good condition and ready for a rebuild.

$100 plus shipping from New Jersey

Thank you,

Steve at nk15268@homail.com

JH27N0B

That casting number was used on disc hemis through '69.
In '70 it was just used on C bodies and B body manual disc taxis.
In 70-71 the hemi disc brake master cylinder casting number was 2229191 both B and E body.
Good piece reasonable price I just wanted to clarify the correct applications.

njsteve

Interesting, because it was on my 13,000 mile, 70 Charger Hemi R/T-SE, 4-speed when I bought in 1987. It was built on December 8, 1969. The car had been off the road since the early 1970's.

Here's what it looked like when I found the car (and the master cylinder).

JH27N0B

Here's the reference table from the article "pumping points" I wrote for Mopar Action in 2005.
The A body disc casting number got crossed up, it should be "2225541".  I've not found anything else wrong with it in the years since.
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/brake/14.html
Also, I've seen a bunch of NOS Bendix master cylinders over the years and the only ones I've seen stamped "Made in Canada" were ones sold as replacement parts date coded in the mid to late 70s era.
Earlier datecoded ones had a paint stamp saying made in Canada.  As far as I know, no OEM assembly line installed parts said made in Canada, only replacement parts.
The assembly date code is stamped on the left side, should be below the made in Canada stamp.
In the format "1 234" which would be the 234th day of 1971.  I'd guess yours starts in 6, 7 or 8.  :alan2cents:

njsteve

I will try to get a better shot of the stamping after using a little elbow grease and a brush. Stay tuned!

njsteve

Looks like "E  8515"

So what would the 515th day of 1978 be given that there are only 365 in a year?   ;)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

I recall it well. It was a really long year. My first year of junior high school.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

There actually are two sets of stamped numbers.
Here is an NOS MC with casting 2225621 I have.  E 1333 and then another number looks like 8?
Below it is B 0 120 B.  This is the date code.  120th day of 1970.
It has Made in Canada paint stamped on the mounting flange as it is not an assembly line part.
I've had a couple mid late 70s examples with the Made in Canada die stamped in them, but they are long gone.  I don't recall if these 2 number/letter stamps were still on top of each other or adjacent to each other below the Made in Canada stamp.

JH27N0B

And here is a NOS master cylinder with casting number 2229191 that was used on 70-71 Hemi disc brake cars only.  I've seen NOS ones like this advertised for as much as $2500 in recent years.
This example is stamped B 91 something I can't make out and a 0
And E 2 353 B in the second line.  Assembled on the 353rd day of 1972.  I'm sure the workers were happy at the time because Christmas was coming up in about a week!

njsteve

Found it: "7   223 C" the first "2" is very faint and doesn't show up well in the photo.

716bbl

Hi,
I would like to purchase this if it is still available.
E mail me:
rpmcuda@aol.com
Shipping to Norwalk, Iowa 50211
Please let Me know how You want paid.
Thanks,
Randy

njsteve