Main Menu

1970 and 1971+newer floorshift steering collar sets

Started by TONY, January 20, 2017, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TONY

New Product
1970 And 1971-1976 Floorshift Steering Column Collar Sets

1971 + newer

Whether It's 4-Speed Or An Automatic Everyone Wants To Have A Car With A Floorshifter.

One Of The Items Needed For A Floorshift Conversion Is A Floorshift Steering Column, Those Are Getting Very Difficult And Expensive To Find. So We Have Just Released These 3-Piece Steering Column Collars For Converting A Column Shift Steering Column To A Floorshift Steering Column.

We Made The 1970 And The 1971-1979 Versions That Fit All A,B,C,E Body Columns Without Tilt/Telescopic

They Are In Stock And Ready To Ship For $160 Set

302-398-0821

http://TONYSPARTS.COM   
Please call or email through our website

Tony's Parts
Harrington Delaware 19952

Cuda Cody

The price of column shift columns just went up!!!!   :yes:

ec_co

that is great! the Mopar community TRULY appreciates all you guys do to keep bringing out hard to find parts

:perfect10:

:takemymoney:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cataclysm80

Can we please get correct emergency flasher switches for each of these columns?
We can install them into the reproduction turn signal switches ourselves, but someone needs to make the correct style black push/pull button.  Particularly the 1970 style which is noticeably different from what comes on the reproduction turn signal switches. 
It's just a small plastic piece.  Should be cheap to make, and every car will need one.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I keep having to robbing old ones and cleaning them up.  Would be nice to have correct new little 1970 switches.   :yes:

anlauto

I've never tried taking those apart before....cool ! How do you put them back together @Cuda Cody ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

@anlauto  The key is to not over drill them when taking them apart.  Use a small drill and take your time.  Putting them back together I use a simple small rivet.  They are not factory correct, but works great.  I'm looking to buy the hand held tool that does the factory still rivets soon.

The one on the left is NOS and the one on the right has had the nob switch replaced.

anlauto

That's cool thanks @Cuda Cody I've got one on the bench I'm going to give it a whirl  :worship: :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

It's also a pain to sand down the flasher to make it fit!!!

:pullinghair:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cataclysm80

I've drilled the original rivets out on a drill press, probably 15 years ago.
If I remember right, there's little locking tabs on the plastic, and it looked like it might hold together even without the rivets, but I wanted to replace the rivets with something anyway.
regular pop rivets will do, but I used some tiny little stainless machine screws with stainless nylock nuts.  Bought a whole box of each, so I still have lots left if anyone wants to know the size.  It's easy, and you never see them inside the column.  The important thing is that the flasher switch that sticks out of the column looks correct and functions properly with the light package ignition switch lamp.
Mine worked great for many years.  The turn signal cam broke last fall, and now I need to put this Flasher switch into it's 3rd turn signal switch.

MoparDave

From the OEM and the 3 aftermarket vendors I really don't see them making that for a one year only switch. But hey stranger things have happened.

Buy up a bunch on of 70 switches and convert the new to be more correct....Hmm :thinking:
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

cataclysm80

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 22, 2017, 09:53:07 PM
I used some tiny little stainless machine screws with stainless nylock nuts.  Bought a whole box of each, so I still have lots left if anyone wants to know the size.

18-8 stainless steel
#2-56 machine screw
5/16 long 
with stainless nylock nuts

cataclysm80

Quote from: MoparDave on January 25, 2017, 02:40:57 PM
I really don't see them making that for a one year only switch.

1970 may be only one of the 5 years that E bodies were made, but if I remember correctly, out of all the E bodies made during those 5 years, about half of them are 1970 models.   Sales weren't so good in the later years.  More people tended to buy the newly styled B bodies.
So we're talking about a switch that's for half of all the E bodies.  (and another switch that's for the other half).

ec_co

those little switches are the ideal '3d printer' type of part IMO, once the 1st correct ones are made, the 3d CAD can be used to just print em out on request. there are specific 3d print shops out there that can help http://the3dprintingstore.com/  just one of many. if anyone wants to send me 1 of each, I'll hit up the local 3dprint store to have a few test pieces made and if successful we can offer them here
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came