Main Menu

1970 Challenger 3-Speaker Dash Pad - Original

Started by TWS, October 01, 2022, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

Original 1970 Challenger 3-speaker dash pad, black.  A small screw hole and dimple near the defroster vent, and a 2-inch hairline crack by the script, as shown in the photos.  Both easy fixes.

I prefer not to ship, but will work with you on options.

$950, plus shipping (located in Cleveland, OH)

TWSchuler@aol.com

70/6chall

Hi TWS, just some info regarding the "Challenger" script. I purchased an OE black 3 speaker non air dash pad also
and was wondering about the script on passengers side of pad. Mine came like the one your selling, not chrome vacuum plated or silver painted for that matter. Mine is just plain black plastic. Wonder if some just came black like yours. Oh, the pad I bought had the speakers and grills with it, speakers need reconing, but the pad is OE and in beautiful blemish free condition.

anlauto

Back in the day I think the chrome wiped off easy with any type cleaner and that's why some are black :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

Thanks Alan, was wondering since I've seen them chrome and silver painted and black like mine. I've had comments about mine saying it's wrong should be chrome. I'll just keep mine the way it is, after I saw the one TWS was selling I had to inquire since it looked like mine just needed to ask. Thanks for the reply.     Al

TWS

I personally have never seen a "chrome" emblem on an original dash pad.  Low mileage original cars years ago had what appeared to be a dusting of silver paint on them, often times not even covering the entire script.  And as mentioned above, easily wiped off with your dash treatment lotion of choice back then.

Jay Bee

I respect Dave Walden's (RIP) attention to detail and when he was building the 4 door Barracuda he went to great lengths to make chrome looking peel & stick labels for the Barracuda dash script. He ran a few off for me which I sold some, used and kept some for myself. I was always convinced they were shiny from the factory. There's no reason to think that the Challenger script wouldn't have been shiny/chrome either.

70vert

So when it comes to Challenger Dash emblem, it sounds like:
1: Chrome is correct, but indicates a reproduction or possibly restored original
2: Black is correct, indicates an unrestored original.

TWS