Main Menu

1970 e-body OE rear window defogger switch

Started by 70/6chall, November 22, 2020, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

I am selling a '70 only (but will apply to '70-74) e-bodies, Cuda/Challenger. Very clean working switch with the '70 only blue/teal dot. I am selling the switch and wiring loom that goes from switch to fuse box then plugs into rear body harness to defogger motor. Fits to B-body as well. Will not separate harness from switch, sell as pair.
Asking $135.00 with buyer picking up shipping from SoCal 92503. Will ship USPS Priority, lower 48 only. Standard and Rallye dash application.
Will accept USPS Money Order or a personal check after check clears bank. Thank you,   Al

Dakota

Al - I will certainly defer to our experts here, but my understanding is that there is a difference between 70 and other model years for the wiring associated with this switch.  70 harnesses have a spliced joint in the wires part way in the run to the blower motor to provide a resistance difference which allows the blower motor to run at different speeds.  For 71 and up, there is a resistor board adjacent to the blower motor which creates the speed difference (no splice).