Main Menu

Any recent part scammer warnings? Concerned...

Started by 7E-Bodies, January 20, 2020, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I have a guy wanting to sell me some parts, but vaguely remember some warnings lately, perhaps over on the Facebook side. I'd also like some ideas for safe exchanges via shipping.

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Floyd

How about posting his name/user ID?  If he's a regular vendor, someone here has probably dealt with him.  Have you spoken with him on the phone?  I like to talk to a seller when I can.  You can tell a lot about someone by having a real conversation.  Follow your instincts.  I had some nagging doubts those few times I've had trouble with sellers.

As for payment/shipping:  PayPal Goods and Services (not Friends and Family).  Tell him you want direct signature required.

It's a crapshoot for sure.

Cuda Cody

7E-Bodies

He's on the Facebook side. Someone had posted something about a guy selling Mopar parts that also sells restaurant salvaged equipment. Nothing wrong with that at all, I just can't remember if it was something bad or not. I see so many things in so many groups, I never remember where they were. He simply posted as having a ton of parts for Challengers and to simply tell him what is wanted. When I did, he got back saying he'd check. Later he texted pics of what I was seeking. He's slow to reply and hasn't yet answered questions and price hasn't even been brought up yet.

7E-Bodies

I may have gotten my question answered. He just sent video of a side molding, NOS, and said he want's $1350.00 for it. Yes, $1350.00. For one. I recently bought a whole set from a member (some NOS, others near perfect with extremely low usage) for $300, shipping included.

jimynick

I hate sellers like that. First they jerk you around and then try to get you to pay for their Porsche. You're well away from him. Let him keep his $1350 single moulding until nobody wants it anymore.  :thumbdown:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

7E-Bodies

Perhaps his heirs will let it go for $10 in his estate sale, because no one will buy it at that price.

Spikedog08

WOW  :unbelievable: I paid $1800 for my entire car!  :looney:  May of been in 1982 but still!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7E-Bodies

Yep, of the nine I've owned, I bought many for under 2k. The one in this pic was a 28k mile, one owner, JS23U0B car. Bought in 1980 for exactly $2000.