Main Menu

Recent Acquisition - What to do with it?

Started by Dave, May 22, 2022, 04:02:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dave

Thoughts/comments? What would you do with it?

Scooter

Dave

Katfish

Cut off anything remotely usable and dump the rest.

cuda hunter

OH, you got lilredwagon's gran coupe.

Does the dash retain it's vin tag?  He said there were no numbers left on the car.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

He said there were no gran coupe parts left but I can clearly see the rear trunk lock cover is still there.

Looks like the radiator numbers and the cowl numbers are there also. 

Is the door trashed? 
There seems to still be some good cuttings available off the car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

johnr

And I thought that I started with a "rough" project. I second the Yard Art use for this one.
--  johnr  --

RUNCHARGER

If the roof structure is good and you live in the states so you can buy the sheetmetal for almost half what a Canadian has to pay I cannot see why you wouldn't build it.
Lots of guys destroy nice, stock Cudas and Challengers by cutting all the good out of them. So this one is a car you could mount on a Crown Vic, new Challenger or an Art Morrison chassis or whatever and install whatever powertrain you wanted to as well. Modify to your hearts content.
Real car guys aren't lazy. The front of the roof is buckled though, if that is an easy fix and the structure is good, I'd probably build a Gurney replica with a new gen Henway in it. A Gurney replica wouldn't use much original sheetmetal anyway, I wouldn't bother to try to build one using a stock floor or Firewall for that matter.
Sheldon

Dave

And I though I had a secret plan that nobody else would think of, your guess isn't 100% accurate but danm Its close like you read my mind. This car will not be cut up or crushed, It will indeed be saved. my tentative plan is to set it down over maybe a dodge dart floor pan using as much of the dart inner structure as I can possibly use including the dart firewall, wheelhouses, shock towers. One of my goals would be to keep it as much  mopar as possible, you pretty much nailed my plan guy.