Main Menu

Challenger Front Valance Moulding SOLD

Started by erik70rt, August 26, 2020, 07:08:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Front valance moulding for a Dodge Challenger.   Technically correct for a 72 - 74, but will fit all years.  Hard to find part and I have not seen it reproduced.

Has scratches, dings, etc. See pics.

Please ask all questions before purchase.   All sales final.

SOLD
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

blown motor

They were reproduced for couple years but don't seem to be anymore.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Scooter

Is that the lower trim piece I see most Challengers (mine included) are missing?

erik70rt

Yes.  It mounts on the front valance under the bumper.

anlauto

Quote from: Scooter on August 26, 2020, 11:49:23 AM
Is that the lower trim piece I see most Challengers (mine included) are missing?

It's a fairly rare option on 70-71 Challengers, I don't know about 72-74's ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

On my '70 Challenger as part of the SE trim package came with front valance opening trim pieces. I had these pieces restored and polished but the trim is in two pieces. Mine and I believe the '71 models are in the two pieces aforementioned. Was wondering because yours looks a one piece only fit. So it's safe to say that the two piece is for SE trimmed vehicles and the one piece for the lower grill trim on the 72-74 challengers.  Thanks,   Al

erik70rt

Quote from: 70/6chall on August 26, 2020, 12:23:59 PM
On my '70 Challenger as part of the SE trim package came with front valance opening trim pieces. I had these pieces restored and polished but the trim is in two pieces. Mine and I believe the '71 models are in the two pieces aforementioned. Was wondering because yours looks a one piece only fit. So it's safe to say that the two piece is for SE trimmed vehicles and the one piece for the lower grill trim on the 72-74 challengers.  Thanks,   Al

That is correct.  This moulding is not the SE moulding, but looks well with the SE package if you are missing yours.

Kruzkraft

These 2 pieces would be stock on a 72, right?

blown motor

No. 72-74 used the one piece trim that is shown in the original post.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Claudia

I thought '70 was a one year only for the two piece trim for the lower front valance on the Challenger and '71 - '74 were all one piece?  :clueless: :huh:

Burdar

ALL 72-74's got this piece.  It was meant to be a continuation of the grill trim.

Shoooter

70/6chall

Hope these pictures can help identify the difference between the trim. Thanks,   Al

Claudia

Just doing some looking around . . . it seems that the '70 - '71 were a two piece, thin trim and the '72 - '74 were a one piece, thick trim.  :dunno: