Main Menu

Complete Pin-Style Floating Disc Front Brake Assemblies | 11" Brake Upgrade

Started by GUMM B, August 30, 2024, 11:25:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GUMM B

Both Complete Assemblies - $425: Selling complete front pin-style floating disc brake assemblies that came stock on my 1973 Challenger Rallye. These brakes are a popular upgrade for 14" rims or for those converting their Mopars from drum brakes. These come assembled with all hardware. Please see the part descriptions below for everything that is included.

Spindles/Steering Knuckles: Original factory spindles/knuckles with MOPAR casted part numbers: 3402627 (Left) and 3402626 (Right). These spindles are the larger inner wheel bearing spindles that everyone likes to upgrade to for drum-to-disc conversions and for use with 11" and 11.75" rotor upgrades. The knuckles are the short knuckle version, and came stock on the late 72, 73-74 E-body cars and late 72, 73-76 A-body cars. If you have any earlier A, B, or E body cars, these are the spindles/knuckles you're looking to upgrade to. They come with the dust shields and all hardware.

Rotors: 11" diameter one-piece cast rotors with 1" thickness. New outer and larger inner bearings are installed.

Caliper Adapters/Mounts/Mounting Brackets: Original pin-style Mopar caliper adapters with 3.125" distance between mount hole and pin hole, center-to-center. The right hand/passenger side adapter has casting date code 2154 (215th day of '74) and the left hand/driver side adapter has casting date code 1572 (157th day of '72).

Calipers: Pin-style, floating disc, single-piston calipers. These are the preferred choice over sliding calipers for Mopar brake upgrades. Right hand/passenger side caliper is original Kelsey Hayes KH86166 casted the 69th day of 1973 and came on my car from the factory. I don't know what the casting numbers are on the left hand/driver side caliper so I'm not sure what its story is. Both come with good brake pads, plenty of life on them. And they both come with the pins which are in excellent shape. They also come with good brake hoses attached.

Located in Lakeport, CA 95453