Main Menu

E Body 3 Speed Wiper Motor

Started by Matt M, July 25, 2021, 08:50:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Ns1aar on July 27, 2021, 02:29:19 PM
At 175 I would have bought it

Around here cores used to be a lot cheaper, but without any swap meets, it's impossible to find stuff. :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ns1aar

The cost of cores is cutting into the return for restoring them

cuda hunter

I was second in line and missed it.

I need that exact date.  And several others. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RJChallenger

Really good parts are getting expensive. $425 for a restored wiper motor, $400 for a really nice pair of mirrors, is the new normal. Like Allen said without swap meets it hard to find parts.

anlauto

I don't care about dates, I just need one for my "resto-mod" and one for a 71 Hemicuda convertible clone...that's why I'm hesitant to step up  :bigmoney: for good dates etc...I used to get cores around here for like $50 now they're $250 :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vert

So I'm still curious (: 
Is the 3-speed that much better than the 2-speed or is it just the cool factor. As I said I am seldom in the rain so not that concerned about only having 2 speeds. I get the need if its in the build sheet and must be full blown "numbers matching".

Skdmark

Quote from: 70vert on July 27, 2021, 06:05:35 PM
So I'm still curious (: 
Is the 3-speed that much better than the 2-speed or is it just the cool factor. As I said I am seldom in the rain so not that concerned about only having 2 speeds. I get the need if its in the build sheet and must be full blown "numbers matching".

Variable speed with an electric washer are more desirable than a 2 speed and foot pump. Plus, if you have any of the following options (or adding them) a variable speed wiper was included A04 radio group, A62 rallye gauges or N96 shaker hood.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

70vert

thanks @Skdmark , learning a bit about my car which as you mention has a foot pump washer with the 2-speed wiper motor. However it does have rallye gauges which could have been added by the previous owner but seems doubtful as I've had it for 34 years and was basically stripped & abandoned. I don't have the build sheet, would A62 code be on the fender tag (it is not)? I don't really care as the car is not close to OE, lots of aftermarket stuff in the build, but curious.

Skdmark

Quote from: 70vert on July 27, 2021, 07:40:40 PM
thanks @Skdmark , learning a bit about my car which as you mention has a foot pump washer with the 2-speed wiper motor. However it does have rallye gauges which could have been added by the previous owner but seems doubtful as I've had it for 34 years and was basically stripped & abandoned. I don't have the build sheet, would A62 code be on the fender tag (it is not)? I don't really care as the car is not close to OE, lots of aftermarket stuff in the build, but curious.

A62 on the tag depends on the vehicle in question. Challenger R/T's came standard with Rallye gauges so no A62.
However, they were optional on a Cuda, so A62 would be on the tag if equipped.

Your fender tag probably doesn't have N85 (tachometer) on the tag.
That code would be there if a car came with Rallye Gauges.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

YYZ

Also, bear in mind that the objective of Hamtramck, and even factories today, is to keep the line moving.  Plant managers and engineers have a fair bit of discretion to substitute parts if there are shortages or other issues.

So it's also theoretically possible that the plant was short of regular dash assemblies and the rallyes were substituted instead.  Those cars would then be pulled aside in the repair area to fit the 2 speed wiper switch (or it would just be sent to the dealer as 'surprise')

The above scenario is not highly likely, but it's not impossible either.

I personally know of a regular '68 Valiant that came through with a Barracuda rallye dash as the result of a similar situation above