Main Menu

Need help parts id

Started by Xghobo, November 02, 2020, 12:49:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Xghobo

Can I get some help with these parts and what they are for? Working on a 71 Cuda.

70 Challenger Lover

Upper left appears to be the brackets that weld to the wheel wells inside the quarter window areas. The rear quarter glass has a track that slides into the bracket to hold in place.

Lower pieces appear to be the grill brackets that attach to the radiator side support areas.

The upper right bracket looks kind of like an anchor that goes to a frame rail for shifter linkage. The big hole gets a nylon bushing. I'm not 100% certain of this because I had two of these lying around and both were a bit too shallow to work for that purpose. Mine came from the inner fender wall kit I bought that had all braces included. I posted it on here and no one had seen it before.

anlauto

:iagree:
1. Welds to the outer wheel house and supports the quarter window rear tracks 70-mid71 only I believe.
2. Welds to the outer wheel house and supports the quarter window rear tracks 70-mid71 only I believe.
3. Bolts to the driver's side frame rail to support the transmission cross shaft for either a column shift automatic OR reverse/park lock out linkage (70 only)
4. Bolts to the horn to allow for mounting to the inner fender 70-71 ?
5. Bolts to the rad support and headlight bracket 70-71 Challenger only.
6. Handle of a scraper
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Good detail. I didn't pick up on the difference between four and five. I bought an inner fender panel that came with many of these pieces. I'm wondering if you did the same and maybe they were just unneeded extras.

Xghobo

Thank you for the quick answer @anlauto auto the scraper was the real head scratcher. Question about the rear quarter window track? Is it a 70-71 only part? Mine are long gone so does anyone have a pair to help me out? And yes the extra parts came from AMD parts

Thanks again everyone