Main Menu

M28 Challenger Wide Hood and Fender Mouldings

Started by ChallengerHK, March 01, 2017, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ChallengerHK

Just like the title says. Bought these a while back after searching for years for a set, but now I've decided it's not going to look right with the visual approach I'm taking.

They're a rough set. For the most part I think they'd be OK for a driver, but there is a crack in the middle of the center piece that I think you'd want to have reworked. Asking $1500; open to offers.

Cuda Cody

One of the hardest pieces of trim to find.  I LOVE the look of them too.  Good luck with the sale. 

ChallengerHK

Thanks, man. It's a niche thing, but maybe I'll get lucky. If not, I'll use them for another car  :) I love the look too, but they just don't work with TA stripes.

Brads70

Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 03, 2017, 04:06:57 AM
Thanks, man. It's a niche thing, but maybe I'll get lucky. If not, I'll use them for another car  :) I love the look too, but they just don't work with TA stripes.

Post up a picture of your car, It's been a long time since I've seen it?  :wave: :takepicture:

fc7cuda

I love the look of those pieces too, maybe alter the stripe?  :alan2cents:  ChallengerGary could probably design something cool.

ChallengerHK

Quote from: Brads70 on March 03, 2017, 04:49:27 AM
Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 03, 2017, 04:06:57 AM

Post up a picture of your car, It's been a long time since I've seen it?  :wave: :takepicture:

Looks just the same  :D , but Tony tells me it's going in shortly.  :woohoo:

ChallengerHK

Quote from: fc7cuda on March 03, 2017, 05:06:34 AM
I love the look of those pieces too, maybe alter the stripe?  :alan2cents:  ChallengerGary could probably design something cool.

I have a set of custom stripe templates from Gary already. I thought about shorting the stripe, but I think it would throw off the balance if I did. I guess I still have time to make that decision final, though. Anybody remember the guy from c-c who was doing custom images (color, accessories, wheels and tires). I had emailed him to mock-up what the car would look like with the M28 and a shortened TA stripe, but I think that's just about the time he got out of the custom image business and started putting a lot of time into his car.

MOPAR FANATIC

8) I have the m28's on my challenger,my side ones are like brand new,the center one also has a small crack right in the center.see these pop up every once in a while,very expensive.iv'e seen the center one alone go for $1500.00 n.o.s though,and the l & R O FOR $500.00 APIECE.  :bigmoney:

RUNCHARGER

Those are cool moldings. I agree though they would not work with a stripe package.
Sheldon

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 03, 2017, 06:49:14 AM
Quote from: fc7cuda on March 03, 2017, 05:06:34 AM

I have a set of custom stripe templates from Gary already. I thought about shorting the stripe, but I think it would throw off the balance if I did. I guess I still have time to make that decision final, though. Anybody remember the guy from c-c who was doing custom images (color, accessories, wheels and tires). I had emailed him to mock-up what the car would look like with the M28 and a shortened TA stripe, but I think that's just about the time he got out of the custom image business and started putting a lot of time into his car.

AARON BECK,Did the images.the guy who did the cuda build in new Zealand in think it was.i shipped him a six pack hood and fenders years ago from st paul,great guy....

ChallengerHK

Yep, that's him. He also entered in the calendar contest one year. Like I said, I think he moved on from doing the pics, although if you hear otherwise let me know.

Brads70

ChallengerHK

No, and thanks for sharing. I do think it looks pretty good with the RT stripe. If I don't sell mine I'll put them on the next project...assuming I can ever finish mine  :notsure: