Main Menu

Original 1970 Challenger Cuda 4 Speed Console Rare One Year Only!

Started by Moparply, April 24, 2020, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moparply

Original 1970 Challenger Cuda 4 speed console, black, no repairs, door aligns perfectly, excellent condition, $895

One year 1970 only. Four speed only.

The door was replaced with an original tan door then painted black. You have to look closely to see this. The tan console door is probably really hard to find in an original.

Located in NJ

70 Challenger Lover

I have one of these in burnt orange so I'm curious to see if it sells. I know some guys go on and on about them being worth less now that repos are available but I've heard the repos are not as nice. Plus when you add up all the pieces you have to buy, even a repo gets super expensive. And then for those who are looking for a colored console, it has to be a real pain to repaint over solid black and get a nice bright color afterward.

DracerX

Please help me learn here.  What are the differences between a 1970 and the 71-74 consoles?  I have looked at photos of both, but have not been able to figure it out.  I have a 1970 that is missing the entire interior.  Long road ahead for me.

71vert340

71-74 have an ashtray in the back. 70 had a slot to insert seat belt buckles. IIRC

anlauto

DMT makes an excellent woodgrain decal for that....that would really make it look sweet  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Quote from: 71vert340 on April 25, 2020, 04:02:20 PM
71-74 have an ashtray in the back. 70 had a slot to insert seat belt buckles. IIRC
Correct. And the wood grain cover is different, It has to do with the screw hole's. 

anlauto

Quote from: DracerX on April 25, 2020, 03:51:41 PM
Please help me learn here.  What are the differences between a 1970 and the 71-74 consoles?  I have looked at photos of both, but have not been able to figure it out.  I have a 1970 that is missing the entire interior.  Long road ahead for me.

Here's a good photo I found on the internet showing a side by side comparison. Of course the one for sale here is a prime example of the hard to find one year only 1970 part  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Serious question: My 1970 has the seat belt holder in the console and an ashtray in each arm of the rear panels. Since the 1971-on have the ashtray in the console, do they have ashtrays in the arms of the rear panels or is the console ashtray the only one for the backseat?  :notsure:

70 Challenger Lover

On the 70 versions, the wood grain is a little lighter. The 71-74 is a darker walnut color.

DracerX

Thank you all who replied to my inquiry.  Really appreciate it. 
Learning a lot on this website for my project.
Best of luck to the OP on the sale.
Wish I could afford it.

Chris Gray

Hello mate,

Can you send some pics of the burnt orange console?

Cheers

jeff968

Quote from: headejm on April 25, 2020, 05:14:51 PM
Serious question: My 1970 has the seat belt holder in the console and an ashtray in each arm of the rear panels. Since the 1971-on have the ashtray in the console, do they have ashtrays in the arms of the rear panels or is the console ashtray the only one for the backseat?  :notsure:

You would only find ash trays on the rear interior panels of an SE Challenger (or R/T SE). That was a 1970 only model so no ash trays in the rear panels after 1970.

JS29

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Chris Gray on May 13, 2020, 09:55:06 AM
Hello mate,

Can you send some pics of the burnt orange console?

Cheers

I am happy to send some photos but if I sold it, shipping costs would be insane. I just paid $48 dollars to ship a steering wheel cap to Finland and it was only 7 ounces.

JS29