Main Menu

Original 1970 Cuda operators manual

Started by Curvette, June 30, 2020, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Curvette

I'm a new member here today because I have a 1970 Cuda operators manual that I got out of an abandoned Cuda in 1985. Ive pretty much been a corvette guy although I've had many muscle cars too. I was going through an old collection of new car brochures I have and found this operators manual I got back around 1985. The car had been abandoned on Travis Air Force base where I was stationed at the time and was in an impound/auction lot to be sold. While looking at the car a couple days prior to the auction the guy with me from the lot told me I could have the manual from it. It was a blue on blue 383 four speed car and was all there but not running with rust in the quarters and trunk. It sold for $850 at auction in '85. I didn't know at the time but inside the manual was an original sales invoice from the original dealer. Below are pictures of the manual and the invoice. I know how important original paperwork is to owners and would like to give this invoice to the current owner if possible. I would like to sell the operators manual for $80 Shipped to someone on the forum Before putting it on eBay. The only flaw with the manual is the owner or the dealer outlined the tune up specs for the 383 as shown in the pictures. Otherwise it is excellent. If you're interested email me at scott.cavalier@gmail.com and we can do PayPal.

gaddied

Cuda Cody

anlauto

that's pretty neat, thanks for joining and offering it here first :worship: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71REDCUDA

If its a non sale i will take it.. And i have a complete 71 Cuda owners manual complete with all paperwork if anyone is intrested..

gaddied

You have the funds in your PP account.
Thanks
Dennis

6bblgt

@Curvette  - I already had the VIN (BS23N0B217781)  in my database, but VIN only - I entered it on 7/12/15 ( & @gaddied  :bigthumb: )

if this is the first time on-line that you have shown or decoded/posted the VIN, there's a good chance it is still out there or someone was looking for the car  :dunno:

Curvette

The owners manual is sold, thanks Dennis. If the owner of the car in the invoice sees this post I will gladly send It to them. This is a great forum! It's not a mopar but here is my current ride, 454 vette.

ec_co

sharp looking Stingray! tons of fun with the BB, love the side pipes on a 'Vette. the one I drove tended to be too front heavy, kinda preferred how the SB handled as a road racer/sports car. but the BB was a lot of fun to drive  :stayinlane:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Curvette

Thanks, yes my '71 LT-1 vette was the one I should have kept but this one sounds great and turns heads. You're right, that 454 is quite a lump up front. @ec_co

Marty

Interestingly, I had a 1973 Corvette up until 3 years ago. Sold it to finance a 1971 Challenger. I owned that car for 35 years. My vanity tag was...... CURVET.  I still have my 1970 Corvette /454.:cheers:

Curvette