Main Menu

Rimblow/Tuff Wheel Adaptor - SOLD

Started by Floyd, August 06, 2017, 06:50:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

A B & E-body steering wheel adapter for tuff wheel or rimblow.  Good shape.  Wiring harness has been repaired.  Asking $100

Free delivery to the Mopar Nats (Spot D-8)

PM or email: musclesigns AT comcast DOT net

Thanks!

Burdar

Does it have a master spline on the inside?
I wrote down your swap spot and will have a look at it...if you still have it.

Floyd

Burdar- Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "master spline"(my ignorance).  There are fine splines visible in the bottom pic.

Cuda Cody

He might be referring to the splines having one large master spline so it only keys on one way.   

Quote from: Floyd on August 06, 2017, 09:18:45 AM
Burdar- Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "master spline"(my ignorance).  There are fine splines visible in the bottom pic.

71GranCoupe

I would think the extra large single spline is there, or the clocking would be totally missing and not very usable. All Mopars that I have seen have the wider spline/tooth for alignment in relation to the turn signal switch.  :cheers:

CudaMoparRay

Always learning something new. That is why I love this site.

anlauto

Apparently someone said the pickup truck ones don't have the master spline :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

Agree about learning something new!  Yes, mine has the larger locating spline.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Burdar

Yes, the trucks used a similar adapter but those didn't have a master spline and won't fit the car steering shafts.

larry4406

Learning as well here - so one can't simply unbolt the old steering wheel and install a rim blow?  This adapter is needed?  Any other workaround?

Brads70

Quote from: larry4406 on August 07, 2017, 02:57:03 AM
Learning as well here - so one can't simply unbolt the old steering wheel and install a rim blow?  This adapter is needed?  Any other workaround?

Yes you can, you don't need this for rim blow.In fact I suspect it will move the steering wheel too close to the dash on E-Bodies.  There were on A-body's for tuff wheels. I think Cordoba's, Mirada's etc... Darren is working on an A-Body. I looked at Carlisle for him. Found 4-5 that owners claimed to be for tuff wheels but didn't have the master spline . Apparently they are off trucks and will not bolt on as is because of the master spline.

RUNCHARGER

Brad is correct. You just need the wheel itself for an E-body.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

How much did they want for the ones without a master spline?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

Quote from: HP_Cuda on August 07, 2017, 10:30:40 AM

How much did they want for the ones without a master spline?
They were either trying to pass them off as Tuff wheel adapters or didn't know the difference but average price was $100