Main Menu

Rimblow/Tuff Wheel Adaptor - SOLD

Started by Floyd, August 06, 2017, 06:50:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

larry4406

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 07, 2017, 10:26:14 AM
Brad is correct. You just need the wheel itself for an E-body.

Thank you!  My project is long stalled due to life. I do have a NOS rimblow in the box that I bought 1985 time frame!

RUNCHARGER

Oooh: Nice piece, I like Rimblows, they look great.
Sheldon

CudaHead

OK, I just bought one of these at the Nat's.
I did not know about the truck version that does not have the key for the spline.
Mine does not have the key.
Am I correct that I can not use this on my Cuda?

Burdar

I was thinking about this earlier....I think I was wrong in stating that it won't work.  I read on anther website that it won't fit and assumed they were correct.

The steering shaft's master spline is "indented".  It doesn't stick out.  If it stuck out, then I can see the adapter not fitting.  Since the master spline is indented, I think the adapter should still fit onto the steering shaft.  However, without a master spline, it will be hard to get the adapter indexed correctly so the steering wheel is in the correct position.

Try it and see if it fits.  Let us know what you find please!

CudaHead

Great news.
I was thinking the shaft might be a different size or the key was reversed.
I will let you know.

CudaHead

OK, the answer is in.
The shaft seems to be the same size.
The Keyway keeps it from working.

Anyone want a truck version....I have no use for it.

Burdar

Crap, I guess I was right after all.  Since the keyway is indented, I thought it might work.  Well, at least we know for sure now.  I think a lot of people are unaware of the version you have.

So yours won't go onto the splines at all then?

CudaHead

I had no problem with the one that came off the column, but I could not get the new one to start.
It would of been nice to use if it worked because you would be able to adjust the steering wheel position by just rotating the can.

It might be able to be used if some one can cut out the key area, but that seems too hard to be worth it.

Burdar

RUNCHARGER

A round file would probably clean that up in no time. I remember a friend pounding an adaptor onto his 78 Warlock column when the truck was new. So I assume he was pounding a car one onto a truck.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

I'll take it.

Quote from: CudaHead on August 17, 2018, 05:38:23 AM
OK, the answer is in.
The shaft seems to be the same size.
The Keyway keeps it from working.

Anyone want a truck version....I have no use for it.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

CudaHead