Main Menu

Starter Cores

Started by challenger6pak, January 31, 2017, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challenger6pak

Starter cores. I have the following years 64,67,68,72,73,74. I'm asking $25 each + actual shipping costs from south Florida. I can be reached by PM.Thanks.

Cuda Cody

Jim Ridge might want some of those?   :notsure:  I'll send him an email.   :twothumbsup:

challenger6pak

Thanks Cody. They have been stored for a long time. They may have been rebuilt once. The dates are very clear and not sandblasted off.

challenger6pak

anlauto

Well, they're priced right for sure although I see you're missing 69,70,71 probably the most sought after years. :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challenger6pak

I  probably used those in my cars over the years. They would be the most popular.  I had to scrap a bunch of 80's units last year due to moving. Now people are asking for them. Seems the FMJ's are getting  some interest.

fc7cuda

I hate throwing anything away, but old starters and alternators do seem heavier when you have to pack and move them.  :tired:  i have a bunch of used drums too.  Might be a market for them, but doubt it.

HP_Cuda

That is one heck of a core collection there.

Unfortunately the market shrinks when folks use headers and are forced to go with mini-starters.

Oh, I finally hit Big Block - woo hoo!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

torredcuda

I have a few milk crates full of alternators and starters, I guess I need to check date codes.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

challenger6pak

HP, I scrapped 40 of them. They all tested good. I couldn't find a rebuilder that wanted them. No real demand when compared to newer car starters. Most of the date codes were in the 90's.

HP_Cuda

Wow, I'm surprised nobody wanted them but it makes you think about the market.

Quote from: challenger6pak on February 01, 2017, 03:52:54 PM
HP, I scrapped 40 of them. They all tested good. I couldn't find a rebuilder that wanted them. No real demand when compared to newer car starters. Most of the date codes were in the 90's.

Topcat

Mopar actually made 2 different starters.

I know this when I rebuilt my starter I got with the Hemi.

I took 2 starters apart to build one and saw differences.

The difference was how many windings. There was a short and a long.

Anyone know more on identifying a small block vs.a big block starter?

challenger6pak

There are numbers on the side of them. There is a difference between starters. I used a known big block starter in a slant six. It really made a difference in starting.

HP_Cuda

The windings will determine the Kv of the motor and hence the torque that it can put out for a given voltage.

challenger6pak

The numbers on the starters are part numbers. I had to olook at one to be sure. The part numbers will let you know what motor the starter is from.