Main Menu

TA Motor for Sale - Seattle Craigslist VIN Ending 0B285361

Started by DeathProofCuda, July 05, 2020, 12:16:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

listing expired. I don't suppose you copied the ad with the contact info?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

DeathProofCuda

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Katfish

Is the block actually a different casting from a regular 340?
Or is it just the VIN stamp that makes it special?

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 06, 2020, 07:34:35 AM
Whadayado when you own the car?

So a local guy, the original owner of a FM3 with white interior 4 speed T/A.....lost his original engine block to a speed shop back in the mid-70's and didn't know until about ten years ago....Amazingly his block showed up this past year as a built race motor....He was contacted and offered it for more then a reasonable price....AND HE TURNED IT DOWN, said he could really care less  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

That's the other end of the spectrum. It might not matter to him but we only have these cars for a short time and it's a shame that it won't be together in the future.
I'd have a hard spending $15k on a 340 but I'm pretty sure I would make a deal on that one if I owned the car. Not for an H code but I would for a J-code unless the car itself was junk.
Sheldon

anlauto

You and I think the same, but apparently not everybody does... :grouphug:

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Question to the experts : How much do you think it's worth ? Assume the heads are TA castings as well.  $14K is stupidly high , despite its homologation pedigree !

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Katfish on July 06, 2020, 07:40:08 AM
Is the block actually a different casting from a regular 340?
Or is it just the VIN stamp that makes it special?

The block is different, heavier main webs, extra material to support four bolt mains, not machined for four bolt mains but the material is there.... Block has T/A cast right into the casting number, you can see it in the pictures...

And those are T/A heads, the pushrod holes are offset..

I agree 14K is to much but it's not as far off as some may think...  Typically a T/A core with heads seems to be advertised in the 6-10K range...   

This one has
Std bore
Rebuilt heads
Roller Rockers

I think if it happened to match your car and a deal could be reached in the 10K range it's probably worth doing...

JH27N0B

There's a member here who is local to me who has a hemi block and he found the owner of the hemi cuda it's for, who is also local. He told me the cuda owner wasn't interested in the block.
If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, I met him almost 40 years ago buying a set of window louvers from him.  He'd bought the cuda with a 383 in it for $750 and was restoring it.  So it's not like he has a ton of money invested in it!

anlauto

Member VCODE has the Hemi that is numbers matching to the ONLY Hemi Superbird sold new Canada and the car's owner has no interest in it  :dunno: