Main Menu

WANTED: 4.10 Dana for 1970 V Code 'Cuda - June 1970 or Earlier

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, July 07, 2022, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

hey all, looking for a correct original Dana set up for a '70 'Cuda with 4.10 gears.  Just the housing, or complete or whatever.  Original V code car with Super Performance Axle Package  w/4.10 Ratio

any leads are appreciated, I know it is probably not an easy task
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

If you're looking for the correct original piece for your car, it will be very difficult to find and likely in the $5000.00 range. You can get an aftermarket Dana 60 built for half that...Odd it was removed from your car :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

Understood the price tag will be high if I ever locate the right housing; would be willing to pay the premium I think.

I was going to ask about the missing Dana - I received my broadcast sheet (thanks Barry!!) and my 70 V code was a TX9 Black Velvet car with "450" steelies (which I am also looking for) and poverty caps, the A32 Super Performance Axle Package  w/4.10 Ratio, power front disc brakes, no PS and overhead console and leather seats no insert. 

It is curious why the Dana would be missing - there are a lot of what ifs with this car that do not really add up, but over 50 years who knows what people carelessly discard, or pirate for another car?

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

kdcarman

Sounds similar to my car that Alan restored.
TX9, 4 speed, dana, shaker hood

Katfish

I have an E-body Dana, need to check what gears originally came in it

JH27N0B

Interestingly my '71 V code Challenger somehow lost its original Dana too.
It has a B body Dana in it now, but I'm not sure if it's a 71-72 B body or a 70 and before Dana.
I've heard 71-72 ones are very rare.
It would be nice to get a E body Dana for my car, but a big project to find one, sell the one I have, get the new one set up, etc.

Cuda_mark

Cuda_mark

70_440-6Cuda

Cuda_mark

The link is above but it looks like the ad expired. I have it saved in my Craigslist favorites so I'll try to contact the guy and see if it's still for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70_440-6Cuda

Got it - Thanks!  Let me know what you hear - I am sure I am not that lucky!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on July 07, 2022, 06:57:10 PM
Got it - Thanks!  Let me know what you hear - I am sure I am not that lucky!

Yeah , since the posting expired, it won't let me contact him anymore. I'll keep an eye out and see if he reposts it.

340Challman

Kevin

6pack

I bought a B body Dana for my Cuda.  I was going to put on 3/4" spacers and weld new spring perches to the E body distance.  When I went to Carlisle Chrysler this year heading towards visiting Alan.  I saw and purchased an original 1970 E body 4.10 Dana for $3250.  It was the first time I ever seen one for sale in about 5 years.  It came with new 11-inch brakes and hardware and a set of 3.54 gears.  So I put the B body Dana up for sale.  I am glad I did not weld on the perches.  I heard of one a friend seen for sale last year for $6000.  He said the guy sold it to a flipper. Good luck on your search.

70_440-6Cuda

Thanks all!!  I am continuing to search and network - thought I had one lined up through a contact here and the deal was almost done, but turned out it was a 3.54 so the search continues - thanks to all for the info and referrals.  Debating on going with something like this if I cannot hunt down an original - any feedback?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333157762455?hash=item4d91c00597:g:c5cAAOSwOrBa2hen