Main Menu

1970-71 340 Unsilenced air cleaned wanted

Started by fishn4cuda, September 28, 2017, 03:59:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fishn4cuda

Does not need to be restored. I prefer untouched. Looking for a reasonable buy. Please send me pics and price wanted.
Thanks,
Tony

anlauto

Unfortunately a reasonable buy is about $300 these days  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 28, 2017, 04:02:58 AM
Unfortunately a reasonable buy is about $300 these days  :o

:iagree: Seen them a lot higher.

Shane Kelley

Untouched? That will be a tough one.  These things are starting to bring oval Air Grabber air cleaner prices.  :bigmoney: Last really nice restored one I saw on Ebay was 500.00.

RUNCHARGER

I sold a nice untouched one for $300 this year. I think that is about where the ballpark lays.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 28, 2017, 05:20:34 PM
I sold a nice untouched one for $300 this year. I think that is about where the ballpark lays.
That's a good price from what I have been seeing.

70 Challenger Lover

I've been watching the price of these go up over the years. I grabbed a nice original one a couple years ago and I was lucky to get it for $300. I always watch these on eBay and I often see them sell for $350-$400 and over $500 restored.

1 Wild R/T

Last one I bought was missing the lid... Which is the same as most of the 2 bbl & 4 bbl big blocks from 1970-about 80.... I had to shell out $40 for it..... Gotta love finding Mopar parts when shopping for Ford parts...

70 Challenger Lover

You scored at $40!  I saw one on eBay where someone took a regular HP big block dual snorkel one and modified it to look like the 340. They did a fairly nice job at rolling the edges inward. The biggest give away was the air breather nipple was straight rather than curved. Aside from that it was a really nice looking clone. I think it still sold for $200 if I remember right.