Main Menu

1970 Challenger Clutch Safety Switch

Started by plymouthbelvy, October 30, 2017, 05:16:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hello,looking for a clutch safety switch part #2947858 for my 70 Challenger.Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Tough part to find & it will not be cheap

plymouthbelvy

Chryco Psycho

I Built a second bracket off the brake light switch & used a second brake light switch on the clutch pedal , this will prevent the car from starting unless the pedal is pushed but it doesn't have to be pushed down far to start so it works but not as well as the original system

HEMICUDA

Quote from: plymouthbelvy on October 30, 2017, 05:16:26 PM
Hello,looking for a clutch safety switch part #2947858 for my 70 Challenger.Thanks.

I have an extra one I had restored by Jim at JS Restorations when I had the one for my AAR done if you're interested, give me a call.

Mike
330-725-3990

fc7cuda

I think @Cuda Cody picked one up not too long ago, might check with him and see if he has plans for it.  :alan2cents:

Can't go wrong dealing with Mike either, so hopefully you both find one.  :twothumbsup:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: fc7cuda on October 31, 2017, 05:17:18 AM
I think @Cuda Cody picked one up not too long ago, might check with him and see if he has plans for it.  :alan2cents:

Can't go wrong dealing with Mike either, so hopefully you both find one.  :twothumbsup:
The one Cody picked up was a 71 and up style. It would work but not correct for 70.

Cuda Cody

I'm still in need of 1 more switch too.  But I'll find one eventually.   :)

plymouthbelvy

Hello All, I want to thank Michael at beaparts for coming up with a switch for me. Michael was very helpful and treated me very fairly on the price. Another car guy helping out another car guy.Awsome. Again thank you very much.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 31, 2017, 06:19:45 AM

I have the original one off my car.  Needs rebuilt.  Has intermittent contact issues. 

HEMICUDA

Quote from: plymouthbelvy on October 31, 2017, 07:06:49 AM
Hello All, I want to thank Michael at beaparts for coming up with a switch for me. Michael was very helpful and treated me very fairly on the price. Another car guy helping out another car guy.Awsome. Again thank you very much.

Shipped USPS Priority today Mike, glad to help.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 31, 2017, 07:06:52 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 31, 2017, 06:19:45 AM

I have the original one off my car.  Needs rebuilt.  Has intermittent contact issues.

This one's still attached to the pedal assembly, it's for 71 if anyone needs the whole pedal assembly too.

Shane Kelley

First pic is 71-74 style. 71 and early 72 had a green wire and changed to black somewhere in 72. Second pic is 70 only style.

fc7cuda

NOS version currently for sale over on Moparts. (not mine)

71 to 74 E Body NOS Clutch Switch
In the box
part # 3514432
casting # 3488177
350.00 plus shipping