Main Menu

1970 'Cuda (AAR) lower front valance insert

Started by Monsterzero, December 20, 2022, 09:14:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Monsterzero

Hello,

I am on the hunt for a good condition (NOS would be AMAZING!) 1970 'Cuda (AAR) lower front valance insert. I know there are repops made, I was just hoping to track down a good condition used or new insert, if there was one available. Please let me know. Thanks!

Cuda_mark

I don't know what other ppl's experiences are with the repop ones but I bought one and it didn't fit the valance opening at all. I ended up using my original one instead. It had one small crack in it that needed to be repaired. So, I think you are the right track looking for an original.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on December 21, 2022, 05:30:31 AM
I don't know what other ppl's experiences are with the repop ones but I bought one and it didn't fit the valance opening at all. I ended up using my original one instead. It had one small crack in it that needed to be repaired. So, I think you are the right track looking for an original.

It might have to do with which brand of reproduction you're using. I've installed four reproduction ones and have a fifth here now. I've never had any fitment issues  :dunno: , but I agree, nothing fits like an original, and I believe the originals were black plastic as well   :bigthumb:

How's the progress of your car coming ? It must be almost finished by now?....Post some pictures of the progress...we all love AAR's  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Monsterzero

It's coming along. With the pandemic affecting my business, I've had to slow the progress, since I have to put food on the table first. Hopefully the new year will bring me more work and the ability to finish the AAR.

anlauto

Quote from: Monsterzero on December 21, 2022, 08:07:32 AM
It's coming along. With the pandemic affecting my business, I've had to slow the progress, since I have to put food on the table first. Hopefully the new year will bring me more work and the ability to finish the AAR.

Ah that sucks, but you've got a really good team working on it, so I'm sure the results will be well worth the wait :drinkingbud: Still my favorite colour combo on an AAR :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration