Main Menu

1970 Cuda headlight bucket?

Started by Lloyd Lind, January 19, 2018, 07:56:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lloyd Lind

I'm Not sure what to call the part I need. I have two fenders on this AAR that are different inside where the headlight bucket goes, the pass side has a much bigger opening and the bracket that either weld in or bolts in on the 1970 right-hand fenders will not work with the fender I have. I'm sure this is actually a 71 fender. So any idea what the workaround is for this 1971 fender in a seventy car. I have a pair of 71 fenders for my six pack car and I have the same situation with that car, one fender has a larger opening. The threaded holes are there for the four headlights on all of the fenders that have this opening. My question does the seventy-two and up bracket work or am I out of luck. I can fab up a bracket easy but I don't want to do that just yet since I think these fenders are off a late 1970 car and an original matched pair despite the different headlight pocket. Can someone inform me;)

Cuda Cody

:sorry:  I do not know when they changed over for each year.  But with the different grilles they often changed the inside workings of the fenders to make it work without changing the outside profile / shape. 

anlauto

Before moving forward, I would measure the depth of the headlight area as well, from the outside edge of the fender to the area where the headlight bracket bolts on......Check that first, then you can weld on 1970 headlight bucket supports if it's the same.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

71 fenders headlight mounts are totally different than 70, 72-4. Obvious is the 4 headlight v 2 headlight system. There are brackets form vendors that allow conversion from the 2 headlight system to the 4, but not from 71 to 70. Pictures would sure help to pinpoint where the problem actually is.  :alan2cents:

Ns1aar

70 is a 1 year only deal the headlight mounting bracket is spot welded in and the 72-74 is bolted

BFM_Cuda

I have the 1970, drivers side, spot welded bucket bracket if you need one. Your welcome to have it. I don't know if it will work on the passenger side or not.   :dunno:

Lloyd Lind

Very nice of you to offer but I think I need the 72-74 Cuda bolt in brackets to fix this properly. In fact, I found one bolt in bracket and its the passenger side that I needed now. I will keep my eyes open going forward until I find a pair for my other car. Thanks again.