Main Menu

1970 Cuda Park Lamp Lenses ?

Started by anlauto, January 08, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HEMICUDA

I have an set of NOS still in the boxes I won't use.  The new ones I made is what the 47 year old ones looked like when they were born.

HP_Cuda

:haha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike too friggin funny.

Dang maybe I should get a backup set???

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 09, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 09, 2018, 03:52:25 AM
Would you be willing to sell me a set ? Shipped to my CDN address ?

Why wouldn't I?  Unless your paying for parts with Monopoly or Canadian money.  Would you like me to email you the total with shipping?  Paypal to "Friends and Family" is easy enough.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda_mark

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 09, 2018, 05:58:37 AM
I have an set of NOS still in the boxes I won't use.  The new ones I made is what the 47 year old ones looked like when they were born.

I bought a set from you Mike a while ago. They are finally going on the car this month. High quality part for sure.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 09, 2018, 11:41:15 PM
:haha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike too friggin funny.

Dang maybe I should get a backup set???

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 09, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 09, 2018, 03:52:25 AM
Would you be willing to sell me a set ? Shipped to my CDN address ?

Why wouldn't I?  Unless your paying for parts with Monopoly or Canadian money.  Would you like me to email you the total with shipping?  Paypal to "Friends and Family" is easy enough.

You don't need a spare set, I have absolutely no problem hoarding the last few for myself.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

The smart money is to buy the 25 sets Mike has and then wait a few years.   :bigmoney:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 11:07:22 PM

I can tell you with all certainty they will never get made again, the tooling was broken when making the second run.  Additionally, had I known how difficult the tooling was going to be to make, they wouldn't had been done in the first place.  I might have x25 sets of lenses left and I'm keeping x5 sets for me.  I also have about the same of complete assemblies.

Solarguy

:iagree: 

I remember around 1999 when I got my Cuda WISHING these were available.  I cobbled a good set together from ebay and swap meets, (read $$$).  By the time these were available, I no longer "needed" a set and thought if I ever did, I would easily just buy then.  When I read Mikes post about only 25 left, I bought a set to put away Just in case my 40 year old ones crack and haze more than they are now. 

I would also like to buy his Grill, a set full set of metro panels, and a spare dash pad, again just in case.  I remember when there were hardly any repro parts available and we tend to think the ones that are available now will be available forever.  I also recently bought a rally dash woodgrain from performance car graphics for the same reason as above although that is going in the car. 

Moral to this story, Buy these parts when they are available and don't assume they will be available for ever. 

EDIT: add 70 Cuda fenders, full quarter panels, and all the little AMD pieces available. 

fc7cuda

Quote from: Solarguy on January 11, 2018, 06:20:16 AM
:iagree: 

I remember around 1999 when I got my Cuda WISHING these were available.  I cobbled a good set together from ebay and swap meets, (read $$$).  By the time these were available, I no longer "needed" a set and thought if I ever did, I would easily just buy then.  When I read Mikes post about only 25 left, I bought a set to put away Just in case my 40 year old ones crack and haze more than they are now. 

I would also like to buy his Grill, a set full set of metro panels, and a spare dash pad, again just in case.  I remember when there were hardly any repro parts available and we tend to think the ones that are available now will be available forever.  I also recently bought a rally dash woodgrain from performance car graphics for the same reason as above although that is going in the car. 

Moral to this story, Buy these parts when they are available and don't assume they will be available for ever. 

EDIT: add 70 Cuda fenders, full quarter panels, and all the little AMD pieces available.

:iagree: all could come in handy if you stumble on another project too.  :banana:

Gary

Called up Mike this morning to order a couple sets of park light lenses.  He told me my grills were junk too.  I said how do you know?  I thought they were in pretty good shape.  He said trust me they are all junk.  Buyer beware.  By the time I got off the phone Mike was sending me two complete grills and I was sending him all my money.  Now we are checking what else we might need that isn't being made anymore, so I can call him again and let him insult my parts somemore.  I just can't get enough abuse. :)

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Gary on January 11, 2018, 10:45:51 AM
Called up Mike this morning to order a couple sets of park light lenses.  He told me my grills were junk too.  I said how do you know?  I thought they were in pretty good shape.  He said trust me they are all junk.  Buyer beware.  By the time I got off the phone Mike was sending me two complete grills and I was sending him all my money.  Now we are checking what else we might need that isn't being made anymore, so I can call him again and let him insult my parts somemore.  I just can't get enough abuse. :)

It was great chatting with you this morning Gary, you've got some great cars for sure.  I'm glad you ponied up and ordered one of the last few argent & a black plastic AAR grille assembly I have left, your car deserves it.

BTW, I only took the money that fell out of your pockets after shaking you up side down by your ankles, I can't help it if enough fell out for a grille for your 6pk Cuda and AAR.  Both 4 speeds I might add.  :thankyou:

1 Wild R/T

Mike likes taking your money.... But he gives you all kinds of really cool stuff in return.....

Cuda Cody

You guys are making me think I should call Mike...   :console:  I need more parts.    :takemymoney:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 11, 2018, 04:25:42 PM
You guys are making me think I should call Mike...   :console:  I need more parts.    :takemymoney:

I was thinking that same thing!   :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

pink aar

WHAT HAPPEN MIKE. I went to ebay to buy a set of  lens. they were 199 and now they are 245????????????????  What up with that? I would like to buy a pair for 199

anlauto

Maybe the sale is over ?  :dunno: Glad I got a pair when I did. :thankyou:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration