Main Menu

1970 Heater Control Valve

Started by erik70rt, July 19, 2017, 07:18:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

I need a factory style heater control valve for a 1970 Challenger w/ A/C. 

What do you have?

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Yea...I was going to agree, they're all over EBay :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Sweet! Thanks!  I already ordered a bracket on Monday.  :veryexcited:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Daveh

Is the EBay listing above at $45.00 a good price?  Mine is ratty and when I put it all back together I would like a new one.  Plus I don't know how old mine is and not certain it even works.  It looks like mine exactly I would just change the bracket.  Is that the one that I need?  Is there another place to get one at a better price?  What are your thoughts?  Thanks

Dave

EV2RTSE

It's definitely a great price. And that style valve does tend to leak, which is why I think they changed to metal eventually. Buy one, and put it back on the bay listed as a 1970 cuda challenger valve...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-in-box-NOS-Four-Seasons-heater-control-valve-1970-74-Challenger-Cuda-/282525713384?hash=item41c7d843e8:g:wGsAAOSwXXxZQY1R&vxp=mtr

:barf:

Daveh

What would be the metal equivalent? I would prefer it not leak. Thanks

EV2RTSE

71GranCoupe

I bought the one for $45 and then bought a repo bracket from Rolick and the parts are spot on. Yes, the original tends to leak after some time, but with these cars nowadays are quite pampered and bet the valve will last considerably longer, especially if parked/stored out of the elements.  :cheers:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on July 19, 2017, 06:17:53 PM
I bought the one for $45 and then bought a repo bracket from Rolick and the parts are spot on. Yes, the original tends to leak after some time, but with these cars nowadays are quite pampered and bet the valve will last considerably longer, especially if parked/stored out of the elements:cheers:

Don't count on it... My vert has had the valve fail four times... This time I finally gave up on keeping it original & put a later style valve on it...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 19, 2017, 06:32:30 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on July 19, 2017, 06:17:53 PM
I bought the one for $45 and then bought a repo bracket from Rolick and the parts are spot on. Yes, the original tends to leak after some time, but with these cars nowadays are quite pampered and bet the valve will last considerably longer, especially if parked/stored out of the elements:cheers:

Don't count on it... My vert has had the valve fail four times... This time I finally gave up on keeping it original & put a later style valve on it...

I hear ya, the one on my RT/SE has been on the car for 4+ years, no issues, the vert just got the new one, so we will see how it holds up.

tman

Rockauto has the later type for $47.  It is under 71 though. 

Daveh

What's the part number at Rock Auto for the 71 version?  Thanks