Main Menu

1971 340 TQ Idle Solenoid "FOUND"

Started by VCODE, October 31, 2017, 01:02:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Looking for a good 1971 340 TQ Carb # 4973S Idle Solenoid DR1114429
anyone
Bob

Thanks to Mike Ross (B/E&A) he hooked me up with part needed.

MikeMikeMike

Took me forever to find one of those at a price that I didn't find crazy. Good to hear you found one.  :cheers:
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

anlauto

What are these DR1114429's worth today in nice used condition ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MikeMikeMike

There was a nos one on eBay that sold best offer. Listed at $700. I've seen several used good with a target of $500 or so. Don't know if they sold for near that or not though. Had to cough up $200 for mine which made me question my own sanity.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

Topcat

FWIW,

Scott at Harms Auto was restoring them before if you have one that is in need of restoration.

@ScottSmith_Harms

ScottSmith_Harms

Hello all,

Yes I can refurbish them but I'll stop short of saying that I "restore" them as I do not repair them if they do not function but rather, I dissasemble them and replate them. Generally speaking of they arrive in working condition they will be that way when you get them back but I do not guarantee them simply because they are fragile electrical components. Charge is $79.00 plus return shipping.

Thanks!

Scott

Topcat

I can't believe nobody has stepped up to the plate and offer to make new inner cores.

Low speed motor reel for winding, 3D machine for plastics, small electrical parts, Terminals. Done!

ScottSmith_Harms

I can swap the internals of another working unit into any other unit that has the same configuration, NOS examples that look like a DR1114429 can be used for this and are often quite inexpensive so its not the end of the world if they don't work. The hard part is finding an original unit with the part# you are looking for. 429 units were OEM on:

1970: 440+6, 340+6, and 426 Hemi
1971: 340+4, and 426 Hemi

Due to the popularity of the above engines there's a lot of competition for them. Frank Badelson has a stash of NOS generic units and can stamp the cans with the correct numbers, not exact but close, and not cheap. Its an option if you cant find an original.

69BFan

I spoke to Steve Ames of Ames Performance who does the majority of the Pontiac reproduction parts concerning these solenoids.  My thoughts were that some of the Chrysler units bled over into the Pontiac line and that possibly we could piggyback an order to get these made which would benefit both brands.  Unfortunately, the Chrysler pieces (69.5 440-6) cross over into the less desirable Pontiac 6 cylinder application.  I am not knowledgeable on the later solenoids.  Thus the demand and cost to do these units would not be justified to make them accurately with the Delco Remy markings. 
According to Steve, the GM license group, EMI, is very protective with anything with any relationship to the GM corporation. Any units that would be reproduced using the DR-part number configuration would have to be licensed through EMI - GM as Delco Remy was a subsidiary of GM at one point.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.