Main Menu

1971 Cuda deck lid

Started by kape1, October 03, 2017, 02:28:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kape1

Looking for a nice original 1971 Cuda trunk lid with the cut outs in picture. straight and rust free.
Mopar# 3482802

US shipping address.

Thank you
Karl

anlauto

Wow that's a tall order....good luck with your search :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2017, 03:52:31 AM
:iagree: That is a needle in a haystack! Both 70 and 71 lids are impossible to find. Even the hangem high pay out the ass NOS sellers never have them.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 03, 2017, 06:20:29 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2017, 03:52:31 AM
:iagree: That is a needle in a haystack! Both 70 and 71 lids are impossible to find. Even the hangem high pay out the ass NOS sellers never have them.

Wow, did not know they were so scarce.

Iowa Six Barrel

hmm... Let me check. I have an original 71 trunk lid. If I recall it has the holes the drilled out on top because it used to have the wing on it. Haven't looked at it lately. I know it has a little rust on it, but if you are interested, I can get you some pictures. Let me know.

Iowa Six Barrel

It isn't perfect... But here it is, the needle in the hay stack.

Iowa Six Barrel

So I have this purple trunk lid. I was looking it over and on the underside is a pink stamp that says P5. Can anyone enlighten me on what the P5 means?

anlauto

Paint inspection stamp. Didn't say finding a 71 lid was hard, said finding a perfect one was :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Iowa Six Barrel

I think another posted it was a needle in a hay stack. No worries. It is a rare piece in good condition and I just happen to have it - thanks to this site, a guy in Sweden hooked up with a guy in Iowa. If this one wasn't in storage for 30 years it would probably be rough. The important thing is I had it and didn't need it. I asked Karl what price he was comfortable with and he made the offer and I accepted. It's off to Sweden to a guy that needs OEM and I couldn't be happier for Karl.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Iowa Six Barrel on October 17, 2017, 05:46:47 AM
I think another posted it was a needle in a hay stack. No worries. It is a rare piece in good condition and I just happen to have it - thanks to this site, a guy in Sweden hooked up with a guy in Iowa. If this one wasn't in storage for 30 years it would probably be rough. The important thing is I had it and didn't need it. I asked Karl what price he was comfortable with and he made the offer and I accepted. It's off to Sweden to a guy that needs OEM and I couldn't be happier for Karl.

Great job, and thanks for offering it up.   :twothumbsup: