Main Menu

Heater valve mounting bracket and temperature cable

Started by Shoooter, May 20, 2021, 09:16:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Hello

I'm looking for  the heater valve bracket for a Cuda that mounts to the fender.

Is the 71 style heater valve able to be mounted without the bracket in the mean time?

Shoooter

Ya that is criminal.  Especially by the time it gets up here to Canada.

1 wild rt it was your post that pointed me in the right direction for the the heater valve I needed. Can the valve be mounted until I get one of these brackets or do the holes not line up?  My valve hasn't showed up yet so I can't check.

I guess a better question is it required when using this style?  I haven't seen it used with this style of valve

1 Wild R/T

The new valve doesn't line up to the original holes or to the OE bracket... But I use the original bracket & modify the new valve, I cut off about 60% of the bracket that is made as part of the new valve then I drill two holes in the remaining bracket to line up with the holes in the original bracket....  That way the bracket bolts to the original holes in the fender....

Shoooter

Did the valve I post come on a 71? I have two hole s that look like they might work for this style. It's possible someone put the holes in at some point. Mine is a late 71 build.

Shoooter

I believe I have the wrong temperature control cable as well. I've read they are 71"mine is way shorter. Does anyone have one or know a cross over number?

headejm

Shoooter

Shoooter

Unfortunately I couldn't find a cross reference for it.