Main Menu

1971 PASSENGER SIDE SEAT BELT RETRACTOR IN BLUE PART NUMBER 3508272

Started by re-animate, February 21, 2023, 07:07:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

re-animate

Hi guys; Does anyone have an OEM passenger side 1971 seat belt retractor in BLUE? I found a driver's side,but would also buy both the left and right if you had to sell them as a set. For reference the numbers on the part number tag are 3508272 for passenger and 3508273 for driver's side. I enclosed a couple of pics of the driver's side one I found. Can anyone help me out? Also looking for a blue bucket seat belt set if anyone has one. Thanks,Dave

Mr Cuda

I have bucket seat belts,  and retractors.  I might have shoulder belts, and blue boots,pm me, lets talk. I'm  looking.
Pictures to show how nice they are.
Buckle covers are faded, but no rust on chrome.

re-animate

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 22, 2023, 05:51:47 PM
I have bucket seat belts,  and retractors.  I might have shoulder belts, and blue boots,pm me, lets talk. I'm  looking.

Interested. How do I get ahold of you? Thanks,Dave

re-animate

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 22, 2023, 05:51:47 PM

Trying to email you.

JS29

198D13

If the belts with the white labels are indicative of what the "pull" belts are, IE;, they are all part of the same set, then they are NOT going to be E Body belts, they will be B Body belts and not have the part number that you are looking for.

Mr Cuda

Quote from: 198D13 on February 28, 2023, 09:20:28 AM
If the belts with the white labels are indicative of what the "pull" belts are, IE;, they are all part of the same set, then they are NOT going to be E Body belts, they will be B Body belts and not have the part number that you are looking for.
Thank you for the help.  I'm not sure re-animate is going for part numbers, just parts.

Yes, i know,  and the angle on the retractor is different also.
That's why kept digging until I found all my seatbelts. Which I haven't.
Found blue 71 E retractors with tag,(s), and green 70 shoulder+ lap bels.
But there's more somewhere.
Next question,  what are blue 71 e bases and b belts worth? Since we have it out in the open.

198D13

Those labels on the retractor belts are correct for 1971 E Body, and would be exactly what re-animate is looking for.  The labels on the other non-retractor belts are what were used on American Safety belts, which were used on 1971 B Body cars, NEVER on 1971 E Body cars.  IF they were Pontonier, like the retractors are, they would have the same part number as the retractors, but they would also be double belts, lap and shoulder.
What are they worth, well, condition plays a huge role when it comes to seat belts. Fading, rust, or lack thereof, intact labels, etc, etc. Super nice originals are very hard, to damn near impossible to find.  And date codes may be important also.

Mr Cuda

The lap belts are double belts. No rust on any, some fading on plastic.
  Maybe i should join FBBO, and start selling my B body parts.

198D13

But they are not part numbered 3508 272 and 3508 273, correct?

6bblgt

I have these - definitely NOT in the best shape - the passenger side "housing/covering" is the un-split one "3508272"

single lap belt, second belt cut off (did Chrysler do this late in the year for colored interiors in convertibles   :clueless:  maybe - maybe NOT)

faded / dirty / some rust / cracked buckle / split covers - need a good cleaning detailing or for parts  - make offer * PM or dhead68@hotmail.com

Mr Cuda

Looks like that's the deal for re-animate.  Good pass side retractor,  and some belts.
That leaves me with a pair of retractors.
And a set of  71-2 B belts,  although i think they are the same length.

re-animate

What do you want for the retractors and belts? I've emailed you several times about this.