Main Menu

70 E Body Headlamp Delay #2947392

Started by plymouthbelvy, August 06, 2018, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hello all.Looking for Headlamp Delay Part #2947392  thanks.

YYZ

FWIW the electronics for the delay boxes are the same for B, C and E-bodies -- the difference is in how they are mounted.

C-body ones are the closest with about a 1/2" difference in mounting tab placement; B-bodies are spot welded to a long bracket, but could be easily removed.

B & C body ones still come up on eBay from time to time and are pretty reasonable.  Even for NOS.

plymouthbelvy

screamindriver

FC7 cuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Are the headlamp relay's different than the headlamp delay assembly and if so what's the purpose of the delay. Did all 70 challengers have delay's or is it part of a package

anlauto

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 16, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
Are the headlamp relay's different than the headlamp delay assembly and if so what's the purpose of the delay. Did all 70 challengers have delay's or is it part of a package

Headlight delay is an extremely rare extra cost option that kept the headlights on after the car was shut off, then the headlights go out...light most new cars today.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration