Main Menu

71 Side Marker Retainers

Started by Daveh, May 29, 2017, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some side marker retainers for my 71 Challenger.  Does anyone have a couple they could spare or one?  Below is what I'm looking for.  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

Be careful when getting a set because the A-Bodies look very close to the same, but don't fit (if I recall correctly).

Daveh

Thanks for the info Cody.  Good to know. 

anlauto

Front or Rear ? They are different.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Didn't you have a bunch of those laying on the ground at the Spring Fling Alan?  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Yup...Not the nicest of condition...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Daveh

I thought the front and rear were the same? 

Daveh

I just went and looked at the crappy one that I have and your right one is shallower than the other.  I need 2 shallow ones and 1 deep one.  Thanks

anlauto

If you clean the outside surface, you'll find them marked "front" and "rear"  :alan2cents:

MoparDave

Dave,

if this suites you and if you haven't bought the lenses from vans we have this available and they come with the retainer .

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=444-l8&search_in_description=1&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

110.00 Per lamp would be your price.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

anlauto

@MoparDave  Are those fairly new ? Never seen them available before with the backing plates... :rubeyes:

MoparDave

Quote from: anlauto on May 30, 2017, 05:41:00 AM
@MoparDave  Are those fairly new ? Never seen them available before with the backing plates... :rubeyes:

Not really. I started stocking and selling in 2011

Timbbuc2

I think I got two last week, does yours have numbers on them?
Get in, I'll drive

MoparDave

these are NOT licensed so they would NOT have part numbers. I have the licensed numbered SETS only lamp set. but those do not have the retainer.

Daveh

Dave,

I bought all new side marker lights from you years ago and I'm just now taking them out of the boxes.  I never opened them originally and thought they came with the retainers.  Oh well live and learn.

I can get by with the two rear that I have, I will just blast them. 

But I need the shallower front ones if anyone has them?  Thanks

Dave