Main Menu

Any one have an extra connector (alternator)

Started by tparker, September 17, 2021, 08:41:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Looking for a connector for my alt. I missing one for the blue wire. Not sure what color it originally was. If any one has an extra one that isn't $1000 off of a hemi convertable :drunk: that they are willing to sell for a reasonable price, or know who sells them, that would be great.

I found some similar ones online, but not sure if they are the exact same ones. It seems there are a couple different connectors. Any one know what they are called?

tparker

Forgot to attach. Here is a pic of the other connector

71vert340

These are the the type of connectors I've found that goes to the alternator. Sometimes, NAPA can get the plastic connectors.
Terry W.

tparker

thanks. Looks like I need a greenish one. I'll try napa, but not sure what they are called.

71vert340

In my photo, there are two blue wires, one with the white plastic and one with the black plastic. One green wire with black plastic and then the black wire with white main for output. Depends on the year whether the white or black plastic was used and the gauge wire possibly. Alternator amp output also changed gauge wire. The blue wires are from 2 different harnesses.
Terry W.

tparker

Ah, I can only make out one blue wire, the other looks black in the photo and the white looks green ish. I got a 70 challenger. I have no idea which is stock. I don't recall ever having a white connector though, if it was even every there. The car has been sitting for 30 years. LOL.

I'm not sure if you where showing me the different options or were offering to sell one. If you are willing to part with one, let me know how much.

Thanks
Tom

71vert340

I'll send you what you need. The dark blue and the green wires are the two at the top of my photo and have the black plastic connectors. The blue wire/white plastic connector is a heavier gauge wire. All 3 fit on the terminals of the alternator in my 71. Shipping won't be too much from my town to Sacramento. I assume the wires with black plastic came on your 70. PM me and I'll give you my email and exchange info there. Just pay shipping and I may have to buy a shipping envelope. That's it.
Terry W.