Main Menu

E Body Cruise Control Lever

Started by anlauto, June 13, 2018, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Does anybody have the correct 1970 E Body cruise control lever ? I need one that is not broken with cut wires....

@bpsmopar likes to find basket case projects that are originally loaded with factory options... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Pretty rare!   :bigmoney:  Good luck.  Hope you find one and at a fair price.

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2018, 11:29:14 AM
Does anybody have the correct 1970 E Body cruise control lever ? I need one that is not broken with cut wires....

@bpsmopar likes to find basket case projects that are originally loaded with factory options... :pullinghair:
Don't throw my gem under the bus just for sympathy!  :stop: She's a beauty!! :perfect10:

YYZ

Why not have Keith weld a new tab onto the end?

The same style of switch was used on a lot of C-bodies in the same era and you could probably scavenge the end & wires from one of those.

70/6chall

Alan........wish I could help. Remember the post I had with that '68-'70 "B" body N88 cruise switch. Thought it was an "E" body switch, wasn't. Wish someone needed it. It's in fantastic condition.
    Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 70/6chall on June 13, 2018, 01:42:41 PM
Alan........wish I could help. Remember the post I had with that '68-'70 "B" body N88 cruise switch. Thought it was an "E" body switch, wasn't. Wish someone needed it. It's in fantastic condition.
    Thanks,   Al

I assure you, someone would love to have it.... It's a matter of getting the two of you together..... If my 68 had the option I'd be pestering the crap outta you....

70/6chall

Thanks Randy, if you had a need, believe me I'd let you pester the crap outa me. I'd love to see it go to that soul in need instead of it just sitting in a drawer in a tool box. When I researched it I found not many people ordered the auto pilot option or N88 code on their '68- '70 Chargers or Daytona's.
Thanks,   Al

Brads70

Quote from: YYZ on June 13, 2018, 12:47:18 PM
Why not have Keith weld a new tab onto the end?

The same style of switch was used on a lot of C-bodies in the same era and you could probably scavenge the end & wires from one of those.
:iagree:

I agree, looks very fixable?  :notsure:

anlauto

I was going to try the welding route, just wasn't sure what type on metal it might be  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

It welds fine... Like I've posted before I've made a few by welding two C body levers together....

anlauto

Okay....So here's my attempt at welding. I think it turned out nice enough to say I no longer need this part. Tommy White is going to supply me with the wire connector that goes on the end, so I should be good to go !

I saw some images of one completely taken apart for a correct restoration, I think member Slotts did it, but I certainly will not be going that far....With all the after market parts on the engine, this cruise control will most likely be for show only.  :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

fc7cuda