Main Menu

E-Body power window wiring

Started by Joe mopar, April 17, 2018, 12:55:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Joe mopar

:twothumbsup:Anyone know where I can get power window wiring harness or even pieces to start with?  Went to the Sping fling over the weekend in So. Cal. Found some switches, no wiring though.

Thanks, Dave

JS29

Check in with year-one, they have the best harnesses! O YA  :welcome: from central New York.

1 Wild R/T

Welcome to the best E body forum ion the internet...

Tough item to find.... Good luck in your quest... Year One doesn't make anything, they sell M&H harnesses but M&H doesn't reproduce it, Evans doesn't reproduce it.... Member @crackedback does build relay upgrade kits & member @Slotts does rebuild the window switches & window motors....  Also if you find a harness with damage he does repair them.. Might even ask him about building one from scratch though I suspect he's to busy with other projects to get involved...

Joe mopar

Thanks. I know it is going to be hard find. There is a guy back east of Ca. that is building power window regulators with brand new motors for E-Body but no one doing harnesses. I want to use orig. buttons with new regulators and motors.

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, hope you find your harness

1 Wild R/T

FWIW a couple years ago I swapped motors on my car with the Dorman replacements, when I first saw them at half the size of the originals I thought they had to be a joke but heard good things so I originally tried one & it worked pretty well so I swapped out the other three...

fc7cuda

I have a harness from a B-body, might work or you might need to re-plug the connector?

Anyone ever try this?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: fc7cuda on April 18, 2018, 05:43:13 AM
I have a harness from a B-body, might work or you might need to re-plug the connector?

Anyone ever try this?

There are differences but it could be made to work....  The grommets where the wiring enters the doors are different sizes than E body grommets but if the car hasn't already got holes you can make any size you want.... Wire lengths are a little long but long is allot easier to deal with than short.... And the connections for the fuse box are behind the glove box while E body connections are behind the dash cluster....