Main Menu

Fuel Vent Line Shields

Started by Claudia, October 05, 2017, 05:18:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

I am looking for this two piece set, new or used.
Any help / leads are appreciated.

anlauto

That's only used on a 1970 with California emissions....rare piece for sure :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 05:46:30 AM
That's only used on a 1970 with California emissions....rare piece for sure :alan2cents:

I am building a '71 Cuda.
Pictures I posted were taken of a '71 Cuda (maybe they are not correct?)
Is a '71 Cuda just a one piece shield (larger piece of the two)?

anlauto

I've personally never seen the two piece design on a 1971 Cuda. Quite possibly it's a really early build 71, I don't know. The earliest 71 I've done was a September build.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Claudia

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 06:14:55 AM
I've personally never seen the two piece design on a 1971 Cuda. Quite possibly it's a really early build 71, I don't know. The earliest 71 I've done was a September build.

My '71 was a September build as well.
So, I should only be using the one piece, larger cover?
What protects the rubber lines going through the frame rail and into the side of the gas tank?

Topcat

Our 71' owned since 72' only had the one larger piece.

Claudia

Quote from: Topcat on October 05, 2017, 06:52:37 AM
Our 71' owned since 72' only had the one larger piece.

Any pictures?

Topcat

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on October 05, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

What protects the rubber lines going through the frame rail and into the side of the gas tank?

Nothing really...They get covered by the muffler heat shield. :alan2cents:

Claudia

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 07:28:15 AM
Quote from: Claudia on October 05, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

Nothing really...They get covered by the muffler heat shield. :alan2cents:

I do not plan to install the muffler heat shields as I do not plan to run resonators.

anlauto

If you're not restoring the car stock then why are you worried about correctness of the vent shield ? :huh:

Claudia

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 07:52:40 AM
If you're not restoring the car stock then why are you worried about correctness of the vent shield ? :huh:

I'm not worried about correctness.
I am worried about the heat from my exhaust melting the rubber vent lines.

MikeMikeMike

I found the larger piece at moparts and am also looking for the tube (passively) as I am using the heat shield which covers it for me. I also put some heat reflecting tape on the lines above the heat shield but like you said, yours would be visible.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

HP_Cuda

It wouldn't be very hard to fab one up.

:alan2cents:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

EV2RTSE

I've got one from a 70 Challenger with California emissions, I guess it's slightly different than the Cuda one but looks like it could be modified to work? If you're interested send me a PM.