Main Menu

Gran Coupe/ Challenger SE overhead console light

Started by Blake@diyhemi.com, February 02, 2017, 07:20:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

Does anyone have an extra overhead console light that they are willing to part with? It could even be a sport fury
Version with incorrect lens as Tony's parts now reproduces the lens.

I am debating using an OEM correct light or finding a modern car dome light with similar dimensions and LED bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

MoparDave

Are you looking for just the lens or the bulb it self ?
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Blake@diyhemi.com

All I currently have is the trim ring that the assembly snaps into. I need the assembly with switch and all

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Blake@diyhemi.com

Well, I decided to get creative fellas. I know it's not correct, but it may be a good temporary solution to my overhead light issue.

I just bought this fury light on eBay. Check it out, I think it'll work seeing as the sport fury had the same headliner but with switchable light like the E bodies. E body had lined lenses and sport fury had circles on the lens. It just might work!

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

headejm

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 09:36:26 AM
Well, I decided to get creative fellas. I know it's not correct, but it may be a good temporary solution to my overhead light issue.

I just bought this fury light on eBay. Check it out, I think it'll work seeing as the sport fury had the same headliner but with switchable light like the E bodies. E body had lined lenses and sport fury had circles on the lens. It just might work!

How much $ was the Fury light? Looks like it could work.  :notsure:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 09:36:26 AM

How much $ was the Fury light? Looks like it could work.  :notsure:

$35 shipped to my door. Figured it was worth the gamble *shrugs*

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

headejm

:ohyeah: That's about 10% the price of a nice SE light, if you can even find one.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 01:10:11 PM
:ohyeah: That's about 10% the price of a nice SE light, if you can even find one.

Here are my pictures from research
1st and most obvious is the E body light

2nd is the Fury

3rd is the Sport Fury

Some side by sides

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

71GranCoupe

They are out there, patience is a virtue, especially when looking for parts. It never fails, as soon as I jump on a part I just had to have, 3 or 4 would pop up a week later. For example, I was looking for the rocker moldings for my 71 Gran Coupe, thought I had found gold when a set popped up for 3 bills. Not too long after that, I was at the Spring Fling and there was a seller there with a set. It was the end of the day and he wanted them gone. Asked him what his bottom line was and I about fell over when he said $40. Needles to say, I now have a backup set.  :bricks:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Yep, I'll get one some day. Couldn't pass on the $35 temporary replacement though.

Here is a NOS Fury one for $90 with original box
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401262303627

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

EB3-GranCoupe

Nice alternate if you can't find all the correct pieces/parts.  An LEB bulb modification is a great idea, as the original bulbs are near impossible to find now, and LED's don't put off heat to melt the lens.

headejm

Last time I checked, Jim at JS Restorations still had the hard to find light bulbs for sale.  :ohyeah:

screamindriver

So how are you going to turn off a dome light with no switch ??? The overhead console connector is hot at all times....

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: screamindriver on February 02, 2017, 06:43:31 PM
So how are you going to turn off a dome light with no switch ??? The overhead console connector is hot at all times....

Switched power adapter harness I would guess. Should be easy to fabricate?

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Blake@diyhemi.com

Theory confirmed. I received the new Fury dome light and it snapped right into the E-body overhead console retainer ring. Fits like a glove, good temporary light.

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com