Main Menu

Heater control valve

Started by Spikedog08, July 01, 2021, 09:52:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Need a 70 cuda heater control valve . . Anyone know where I can get one?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Spikedog08

Purepony

Is there a less expensive alternative ?

Spikedog08

Just got word from Dave at Roseville and no go . . He is checking with Year One but I have a feeling that will fail as well.  Hmmmmm

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Skdmark

Can always try your luck at Carlisle, unless you need it to get to Carlisle.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

1 wild RT gave up on the Bakelite ones and uses an aftermarket metal one that doesn't fail every couple years.  Maybe he'll chime in with which one he likes.

Spikedog08

Yep mine has cracked on the top and is pouring out antifreeze . . It doesn’t have to be factory correct on this car so would certainly consider something more efficient.  All help is always appreciated

JH27N0B

I should have tagged Randy in my post: @1 Wild R/T

1 Wild R/T

I use a Four Seasons 74643, available everywhere including Rock Auto & Amazon... I cut away allot of the new valves  mounting bracket & drill a couple holes in what remains of that bracket so I can bolt it to the stock early mounting bracket... That way it uses the stock holes on the car....

Spikedog08

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 01, 2021, 08:35:23 PM
I use a Four Seasons 74643, available everywhere including Rock Auto & Amazon... I cut away allot of the new valves  mounting bracket & drill a couple holes in what remains of that bracket so I can bolt it to the stock early mounting bracket... That way it uses the stock holes on the car....

That looks like where I am headed . . Good info.  Thanks everyone for your help! 

Rich G.

I have that metal one if you can't find one. And the mount is different like they said.