Main Menu

Looking for a bushing for Slapstik shifter linkage rod.

Started by 750-h2, April 18, 2018, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Just realized that I am missing this bushing. Its the bushing that goes in the shifter hole for the linkage rod. I am not aware of anyone selling new ones?  Really hope one of the members on this great site can help me out.  I can pay asap with PayPal and can also provide seller with a US address if they prefer. I have included a picture to show which bushing I am referring to.  Thanks.

Cuda Cody

I don't have an extra, but I have a photo of what I think you are looking for in case that helps. 

750-h2

Thanks Cody. That's the one. Do you know if it is reproduced?

Burdar

If it's not reproduced, it looks extremely easy to make on a lathe.

Cuda Cody

@MoparDave  would be the first person I would check with.  I think he's on vacation right now so he might not reply until he gets back.  Also, @TONY  is always a good person to check with for used items too.   :bigthumb:

Jim AAR

I don't know if this is the correct bushing you are looking for, but it is on the following website:

https://www.jimsautoparts.com/transmission_parts.htm

Burdar

The gear shift control bushing is a different part.  Have a look at yours though.  Mine were ovaled and needed replacement. 

Secondly, NEVER buy anything from Jim's.  Never heard a good story about that place.

anlauto

I could use a bunch of those too....They work good for the column lock-out lever/rod on the steering column too.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

I made mine, if I remember correctly I took one the old bushings I replace in my window. Mounted it on a bolt and put it in a drill,(like a lathe)
Get in, I'll drive

gzig5

If someone could provide a dimensioned sketch, I could probably knock a few out on the lathe from Delrin. I'd need to look at it before suggesting a price, but what do you think a repo would/should sell for? 

I guess I can take a look under my car and see if I can find it too.

Burdar

QuoteI guess I can take a look under my car and see if I can find it too.

Not under the car.  On the shifter itself.  Take the console out and you'll see it.

headejm

Is this the one? Anyone want me to dimension one? Mine is currently out of my car.

headejm

750-h2

Brads70

If you get me the dimensions/drawing I can make you one?