Main Menu

looking for a super nice 70 Green Barracuda A/C pad

Started by 198D13, December 05, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

198D13

Looking for a single speaker green 70 A/C pad with no cracks, damage, etc. Needs to be A/C, I have the vents for it already. PM me with any questions, etc, or if you have one!!
Thanks!

anlauto

Wow...that's a pretty tall order....You don't see coloured dashes come up for sale too often.
Good luck on your search  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

198D13

A good friend of mine recently found an original  burnt orange Challenger three speaker non A/C pad in perfect condition for his six pack R/T SE car! So, I'm hoping!!

198D13

198D13

Still looking for one of these. It is the last part that I need for my car. The vents are not needed, I have them, I only need the pad.
Thanks everyone.

198D13

Still looking for one of these!! Must be original and super nice.
Thanks for any help.

YYZ

I'll keep my eyes open here.

How is the paint and body coming along on that car?  Looking forward to seeing it done!

198D13

Still needing one of these. As mentioned previously, needs to be crack free, no damage, etc. Serious buyer. Must be original green pad. I have all the green A/C vents for it already.
Thanks again.

7E-Bodies

Bob at ABC Moparts is building my 70 Challenger non AC green pad as we speak. Maybe ask him if since he's set up for green, you could squeeze in and avoid the wait? If you mention my pad, he'll know who sent you.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on November 02, 2021, 07:49:19 AM
Bob at ABC Moparts is building my 70 Challenger non AC green pad as we speak. Maybe ask him if since he's set up for green, you could squeeze in and avoid the wait? If you mention my pad, he'll know who sent you.

You know "set-up" for green, means green spray paint over black material right ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

@anlauto Not from how I understood him, but even so, what choices did I have on this cucumber colored beast. Remember the fight I had lining up V5F body side moldings? Quad green. How high did that hippie need to be to order this in late 69? I'm trusting Bob. No other choices. Back when @mopar Dave was providing them, they were painted too as I understood.

anlauto

As long as you know they're not brewing up some green vinyl just for you...

I KNOW 198D13 wants an original green piece, not re-dyed  :bricks:

198D13

Still looking, it does not have to have the A/C vents in it. For my FF4 with green interior A/C car.

7E-Bodies

Finally got mine from ABC Moparts. Not 100% thrilled, but I guess 95 will have to do. There seem to be very limited choices out there. Due to this, I'm hesitant to send in my factory core as it wasn't that bad. Minor (almost invisible) crack at the pointed area left of the headlight switch and a crack from the defroster vent to the windshield at about an inch. Wish there was a way to invisibly repair these, or a place that did well at it.

198D13

As mentioned in other posts, originals that are perfect DO exist. I have a non A/C single speaker green 70 Barracuda pad, and Alan got one with one of his restorations, same identical pad. Granted, they are very hard to find, but they fit the way they should. All the "restored" pads that I have seen, NEVER line up properly to either the radio surround or heater surround plastic pieces. They are always shifted just enough to be glaringly noticeable.