Main Menu

Need door hinge to pillar bolts

Started by Challenger in NC, April 03, 2019, 07:38:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

I am missing (10) of these bolts, door was held on by some generic bolts.  They are SEMS bolts: 3/8-16 x 1-1/8" LG with 1-1/8" dia. washer. Does anyone have any spares for sale or know where I can purchase these individually? I don't want to buy a whole kit because I have all the hinge to door bolts, just need 10 hinge to pillar bolts as pictured.

Thanks
Chris

anlauto

Actually those are not exactly correct.  :alan2cents:
You'll need 6 total of those shown in your picture for the upper door hinge to door pillar.
Then you'll need 8 total of ones that have a much smaller washer and are a little bit longer too I believe for the lower hinge to door pillar.

The 12 hinge to door bolts have the same size washer but are shorter.

Hard to believe 28 bolts hold the doors on  :o

P.S. I may stand to be corrected....I just noticed large washer bolts on the 70 AAR lower hinges  I'm working on....I've never seen that before :pullinghair: I guess it is a matter of the mood of the assembly line worker  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on April 03, 2019, 08:03:37 AM
Actually those are not exactly correct.  :alan2cents:
You'll need 6 total of those shown in your picture for the upper door hinge to door pillar.
Then you'll need 8 total of ones that have a much smaller washer and are a little bit longer too I believe for the lower hinge to door pillar.

The 12 hinge to door bolts have the same size washer but are shorter.

Hard to believe 28 bolts hold the doors on  :o

Thanks. So i will need 2 more with the larger washer (currently have 4) and 6 more with the smaller washer (currently have 2).

Challenger in NC

Was able to buy a partial set on eBay.