Main Menu

Oil Pressure Switch - NOS

Started by fc7cuda, March 05, 2017, 04:43:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fc7cuda

I'm looking for a vintage NOS oil pressure switch, also called oil pressure sending unit, used with a gauge.  This is the larger fat one, not the smaller one. Slip on wire terminal on top. Currently available units have a slightly larger body size than the originals.  May consider good used if you have an original or two laying around.  Pics a must.

Thanks
Tom

Aar1064

@fc7cuda Rick Ehrenberg has a NOS switch. He sells the repop versions on eBay which is also taller. I was having issues with it being so tall that vacuum canister on an original dual point on a small block hits it. He mentioned to me that he had a NOS but I passed. Oh and it's not listed on EBay, he just mentioned it in one of our communications.

fc7cuda

@Aar1064 Thank you for the heads up, I just sent Rick an email to pursue.  :thankyou:

Tom

anlauto

There's one listed for sale in the E Body section on Mofarts.com :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 13, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
There's one listed for sale in the E Body section on Mofarts.com :alan2cents:

Yes, I spoke to Scott yesterday when he listed it.  Passed on it because it was priced at $175 and he won't budge, it's a later date code(not that anyone really sees it) and the top connector area is sealed/configured differently than originals.  Again, it's only me being picky but at that price I'm not a buyer for that part.

Thanks for the heads up Alan!!   :thankyou: