Main Menu

Panel dimmer switch knob

Started by HP2, February 11, 2019, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

Looking for a panel dimmer switch knob or washer switch knob. Yes, I know they have different color arrows. I'm repainting them to be white, so actual knob is not as important.  What is important is that the knurling is decent and that it has the small steel retaining spring in it. I lost the spring in my when I removed it and have never been able to find it.

PM here with what you have.

Thanks!

TC

Claudia

I believe I saw someone over on Moparts.com that had a couple of knobs for sale . . .

Dakota

Check with member @Slotts.  He's a good source. 

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on February 13, 2019, 09:04:45 AM
I believe I saw someone over on Moparts.com that had a couple of knobs for sale . . .

Well we know there's lots of "Knobs" on Moparts.com... :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

That's funny!

Checked moparts a few weeks ago, so there may be a new posting I haven't seen. I may try to duplicate the spring for my existing knob. Its not much more than a sliver or metal, but I'll give it a try to see if I can do it. Since I work in a metal shop, I'm sure I can find some shim stock that would work.

Claudia

Here are the knobs that I saw on Moparts.com . . . it does not make mention if the steel retaining spring is included or not.

HP2

Thanks Claudia. If I can't make mine work, I'll try chasing one of those down.