Main Menu

Rallye dash light bar

Started by Keith09, August 01, 2017, 03:17:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Keith09

I'm in need of a Rallye dash light bar for my 71 Challenger ? Anyone got or know where to find.

Thanks !

Cuda Cody

@Keith09  I saw one in a bin at the Ben Snobar auction today.  Not sure if it already sold, but I can take a look tomorrow and see if it's still there.

Keith09

Thanks very much Cuda Cody i'd really appreciate that. 

Cuda Cody

@Keith09  the rallye light bar was part of a HUGE bin of parts and most of them went for around $400.  I didn't buy the bin just for the rallye light bar because of how hard it was going to be to move all the parts in the bin. 

The best option is to keep looking on the forums, facebook and ebay.  If you are close to swap meets like Carlisle, Nationals, or Spring / Fall Fling you almost certainly will find one there.  I'll PM you too.  I might know a guy with one, but he's a re-seller and the price is going to be near market value.

71GranCoupe

Very  upstanding to take the time to look for the part Cody. I see them every so often and the going rate hovers around $100.  Was one at mats for 80 and almost picked it up. they are out there, just be patient.  :cheers:

Keith09

I couldn't agree more 71GranCoupe many thanks to Cuda Cody for his efforts. Thanks very much guys !!!

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 02, 2017, 05:46:26 PM
@Keith09  the rallye light bar was part of a HUGE bin of parts and most of them went for around $400.  I didn't buy the bin just for the rallye light bar because of how hard it was going to be to move all the parts in the bin. 

The best option is to keep looking on the forums, facebook and ebay.  If you are close to swap meets like Carlisle, Nationals, or Spring / Fall Fling you almost certainly will find one there.  I'll PM you too.  I might know a guy with one, but he's a re-seller and the price is going to be near market value.
That first picture is what is wanted? I have one
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 03, 2017, 06:56:29 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 02, 2017, 05:46:26 PM

That first picture is what is wanted? I have one

Is yours a rally dash or standard dash, they're different  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Standard dash light bars have 3 lights and the Rallye have 4 lights.

chal340

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 03, 2017, 09:07:40 AM
Standard dash light bars have 3 lights and the Rallye have 4 lights.

And if IRC, 70 Challenger light bar was specific.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

Jay Bee

Now that its been mentioned, the '70 Challenger only light bars (applies to standard ones too) have a slight arc/curvature at both ends, The first 2 pictures are '70 Challenger only, the last 2 pictures are all others.

Cuda Cody

:worship:  That is the best photos to show the difference I've ever seen.  Nice Job @Jay Bee    :banana:

anlauto

Well @Cuda Cody  you know where we should file those "reference pictures"  ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

A nice one was just posted on moparts.com for $150. Its a little expensive but if you need one it's there. What's an extra $25 or so...

Jay Bee

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 03, 2017, 02:26:29 PM
:worship:  That is the best photos to show the difference I've ever seen.  Nice Job @Jay Bee    :banana:

Thank You. I thought it would be useful to take those pictures before it was shipped out.