Main Menu

Re: 1970 Working Heater Blower Motor - Non-A/C

Started by 1970Cuda, September 30, 2021, 05:01:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

So I sent our my original blower motor (for my Non-A/C heater box) to have it rebuilt by a reputable shop, but apparently it has been lost, misplaced or somehow can't be found.

Therefore, if anyone out there has a working, and rebuildable, blower motor for a '70 - '74 heater box, non-A/C, that would be appreciated.

I don't know if there is a P/N on it or not that's unique to 1970, but if so, I would rather have that. But in lieu of that, I'd rather have my heater box finished and back in the project than just wait around to find a perfect motor.

PM me if you have one. Thanks everyone and good luck on your projects!

blown motor

That's very unfortunate. This shop's reputation seems to be over rated. I hope you can find the motor you are looking for. Good luck with it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1970Cuda

Thanks for the feedback. I'm fairly bummed, because I could have bought one at the Nationals in August, but now it just delays my project even more. I'm still going to post a short update to my thread though, because it's still proceeding. I have been able to keep the project going despite the set backs. :^)

VCODE

Check with Bill Meerholtz BME in NJ
He does them and may have a blower motor for you.
I have a 72-73 motor but they are a little different than 70
Good luck, they are getting harder to find.
Bob

autoxcuda

Come out and look for one at the big mopar swap and show Fall Fling in Van Nuys Oct 23rd

link: www.cpwclub.com
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

1970Cuda

Hey, great suggestion VCODE! I'll give Bill M. a look see as I haven't heard of his shop before. I'm still hoping that I can get ahold of the shop where I sent my original motor. I didn't know that they are getting so hard to find but probably should have expected it.

Also, I am definitely attending Fall Fling! I haven't missed one in 25 years (if they were held). I usually get there really early (5 am), and do my hunting before the vendors enter the park grounds, so maybe I'll get lucky and find one. And I've been asking my friends, etc. I'm sure one will turn up sometime.

Really appreciate your suggestions!

loche451

Hey- your timing is impeccable. I JUST did a swap to vintage air last week and have the full under dash assembly in working order (could use a cleaning...since its apart- put a new blower motor in it ect ect) . It is from a 1970 non ac challenger SE. It also has the 5/8s and 1/2 inch hot water to heater and return line so double check your water pump. If you are interested- it is yours for whatever you think is fair + shipping. I will take some pictures tomorrow as needed

I just reread your post- yes- the blower does work on all settings. I was just recommending a rebuild/replace on general principal since the entire unit is out. Sounds like you dont need the entire unit but if you would like the any part of what I have- just let me know

1970Cuda

Hi Loche451 - I really appreciate your response and yes, I would definitely like to see your pictures of the motor and the whole heater box. I actually could use the front cover too, so maybe I can just purchase the whole box from you? Where are you located? I'm in CA.

I will PM you in case you don't see my post (I know it takes me a bit to review my older posts sometimes).