Started by Rbob, May 28, 2021, 01:45:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rbob

Looking for a rear sway bar, 1970 -74 Challenger

blenheim-boy

Got swaybar $50 plus shipping
send me your text number for pics

HP2

There are several styles out there, so you might define which exactly you want:  OEM stock style, frame mount and similar but not exactly like stock, under axle style without adjustable mounts, under axle with adjustable mounts, tubular under axle, etc.

blenheim-boy

OEM swaybar to sell for ebody

Mrbill426

@Rbob Same here... a new OEM style one with the bar bushings installed.  No other brackets though.   Weird how they made those with the bushings "captured" in welded clamps  :('
:popcorn:

Quote from: Rbob on May 28, 2021, 01:45:21 PM
Looking for a rear sway bar, 1970 -74 Challenger

Rbob

Sorry for the late response, took a week for R&R

@blenheim-boy
Can you post the pics here for all to see?  I am interested in OEM only, what car did it come out of?

@Mrbill426 I still have my captured clamps, I drilled the spot weld on one side and spread it a little and cut the bushing to remove it...   

Mrbill426

@Rbob  I still have the original bar intact with those clamps and bushings installed.  My problem is the bar is twisted; not sure how but I suspect a accident is in the car's past.  I have not seen new replacement bars being sold to merely attach to the original brackets.  Fronts all day long... but rear?

Quote from: Rbob on June 08, 2021, 10:19:10 PM
Sorry for the late response, took a week for R&R

@blenheim-boy
Can you post the pics here for all to see?  I am interested in OEM only, what car did it come out of?

@Mrbill426 I still have my captured clamps, I drilled the spot weld on one side and spread it a little and cut the bushing to remove it...   

Skdmark

If your searches don't turn up anything, Tony's has e-body rear sway bars for $275.

Double check with Tony, but it would be the following:
Sway bar
Frame hanger brackets and bushings
Under axle end link brackets

For finishing the install you would need to get new end links and the screws that go into frame brackets
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Mrbill426

@Skdmark thanks I will check into that.  I wonder if it will work with the original link brackets that are already back on the car though.  Hate to take it all apart again.

Quote from: Skdmark on June 09, 2021, 07:41:25 AM
If your searches don't turn up anything, Tony's has e-body rear sway bars for $275.

Double check with Tony, but it would be the following:
Sway bar
Frame hanger brackets and bushings
Under axle end link brackets

For finishing the install you would need to get new end links and the screws that go into frame brackets

Skdmark

Quote from: Mrbill426 on June 09, 2021, 08:57:55 AM
@Skdmark thanks I will check into that.  I wonder if it will work with the original link brackets that are already back on the car though.  Hate to take it all apart again.

The end link brackets should be the same. Don't see why you would need to change them.
You would just wind up with a spare set most likely.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: