Main Menu

SELF CUTTING Acorn Nuts UPDATE !!!

Started by anlauto, January 02, 2022, 05:27:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71bs23V2

Found some of those nuts which appear to be the type you are looking for, dropped them in the mail last week.  Hope its what you are looking for.

anlauto

Those are the ones I'm looking for ...thank you  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

They look like the same ones used on the 72-74 Challenger Rallye fender louvers.  I got replacements from R/T Specialties.

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on March 16, 2022, 12:06:35 PM
They look like the same ones used on the 72-74 Challenger Rallye fender louvers.  I got replacements from R/T Specialties.

Yes they are the same, but that was likely years ago....not available any more :'(

I'll buy any old ones you might have... :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BFM_Cuda

Dug through my hardware box when you first were asking for these, knowing I had a few extra side markers in the box.

Then saw your post about needing 24 per car... soooo I guess we are both short....  :crying:    Repo fender gills came with incorrect nuts.

I had 4 in my stash that only have one cutting thread, not two....    :thinking:

anlauto

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on March 16, 2022, 05:50:57 PM

I had 4 in my stash that only have one cutting thread, not two....    :thinking:

Those ones are designed for a machine thread like on Challenger marker lights ...I got lots of those :('

anlauto

Shout out to member 71bs23V2 for the seven nuts that showed up at my door today...Your "Thank you" card :bigmoney: is on it's way. :drinkingbud:

198D13

Don't the correct originals have a quarter inch spongy type gasket on the ends of them?

anlauto

At this point, I don't care, do you have any, we could make a trade  :)

Jay Bee

@anlauto  just saw these on ebay. I don't know if they're correct since I know less (if that's even possible) about '72-'74 Cudas.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/185329613470?hash=item2b26817a9e:g:sX0AAOSwIiliJpBF

392 Cuda

@anlauto , did you ever find a source for the acorn nuts?

I know I'll need about 24 of them myself. haha.

anlauto

Nope, ended up paying $5.00 EACH for some old used ones :crying: