Main Menu

Wanted: 1970 'Cuda Vertical Lock Support

Started by 1970Cuda, November 25, 2023, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

Hi fellow e-body enthusiasts: I purchased a Vertical Lock Support at a local parts swap meet a few years back and now realize that: 1) it's not for the correct year and 2) it's bent. I am looking for a nice used Vertical Lock Support for my '70 'Cuda restoration project. This attaches to the Spacer to Grill Reinforcement on the 'Cuda, Barracuda, etc. (It might be on the '70 Challenger too, but IDK.)

Please PM me if you have one that you are looking to sell. Or text me at nine zero nine.670.4198. Thx! - LD

71GranCoupe

If you post a picture that would be beneficial in locating the one you are looking for.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:   I'm having a hard time seeing the part in my mind.  I might have it if I knew what it looked like.   :)

anlauto

I think he's talking about the hood latch tray support ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Jay Bee

Mr Cuda

Man, I  was going to dig one up, but it's hard to complete with that price for the whole assembly.
 How good is the repro latch?

1970Cuda

Hi all and thanks for responding. I tried to post a picture with my original request, but somehow it didn't allow me too. But here's just the piece I need.

Mine is bent and I didn't realize it until I tried to put it on ... must need new glasses, because it's pretty mangled.

I actually have all the other pieces, but the one below is what I am wanting to replace. From the shop manual, I see the 1970 has holes in different places than the later supports. If someone has a decent used one, I'd gladly buy it. Thanks again for all the responses

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 1970Cuda on November 25, 2023, 08:19:06 PMHi all and thanks for responding. I tried to post a picture with my original request, but somehow it didn't allow me too. But here's just the piece I need.

Mine is bent and I didn't realize it until I tried to put it on ... must need new glasses, because it's pretty mangled.

I actually have all the other pieces, but the one below is what I am wanting to replace. From the shop manual, I see the 1970 has holes in different places than the later supports. If someone has a decent used one, I'd gladly buy it. Thanks again for all the responses

With the picture you should be able to find one quite easily.  :drinkingbud:

1970Cuda

Hi fellow E-body enthusiasts:

Quick update on my request for the Vertical Lock Support (that attaches to the Yoke) - I took the suggestion of user Brads70, and just went ahead and ordered a new one from Roseville Moparts. The quality is excellent (from Dynacorn) and the cost was great, especially with the e-bodies.org discount. Here's a pic of the product.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.