Main Menu

Wanted: 1971 Challenger Grille Trim

Started by rebelyell, June 05, 2017, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rebelyell

Just as the title says. I'm looking for the chrome trim on a 71 Challenger grille. I know it's highly unlikely I'll find one, but I gotta try. I wish they made repros.

Cuda Cody

Didn't someone just find a stash of 71 Challenger parts?   :thinking:  I remember seeing a tail panel... was there grille parts in that stash?

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

rebelyell

mccannix

This is the only aluminum trim on a 71 Challenger grill that I can think of.
I have a perfect pair with all 12 clips for mounting.
PM me if interested
Terry

rebelyell

rebelyell

Got a separate grille and trim. Feel free to nuke the thread.

rebelyell

So hang on a sec... Why is one grille a different color? Were they like this from the factory?

71GranCoupe

RT's got black grills while a regular Chally received an argent painted grill.  :cheers:

autoxcuda

I sure thought those were stainless.

Although one of my a grilles has a set that has rust spots like it was chromed steel. Maybe just low quality stainless??
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: autoxcuda on June 15, 2017, 08:18:52 PM
I sure thought those were stainless.

Although one of my a grilles has a set that has rust spots like it was chromed steel. Maybe just low quality stainless??
:iagree:

They are stainless.  :cheers:

Daveh

I took mine apart and those clips were rusted as well.  I'm going to have to use some type of rust remover to get the stains off the grill.  I would like to get a new set.  Does anyone know where I can get a new set of the clips?  Thanks

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Daveh on June 16, 2017, 05:54:14 AM
I took mine apart and those clips were rusted as well.  I'm going to have to use some type of rust remover to get the stains off the grill.  I would like to get a new set.  Does anyone know where I can get a new set of the clips?  Thanks

Get a can of Kroil and soak them for a day or so. I was amazed at how good it actually works. It is about $15 a can, but really works.

Daveh