Main Menu

WANTED: 70-72 e-body disc spindles

Started by Rasmusvestlin, September 08, 2022, 10:23:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rasmusvestlin

Want to buy a pair of 70-72 e-body disc spindles to my -70 challenger. Anyone here has it for sale? Please contact me.

rftroy

70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: rftroy on September 09, 2022, 12:53:14 AM
https://www.doctordiff.com/reproduction-disc-brake-knuckles.html

They are not 70-72 spindles, already talked to him. No one reproduces the 70-72 spindles unfortunely.. i need to find a pair of orginals.

68bee

Do you just want the spindles, or do you need the backing plates and caliper mounts also?

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: 68bee on September 09, 2022, 07:49:32 AM
Do you just want the spindles, or do you need the backing plates and caliper mounts also?

I just need the spindles :)

johnr

Are these what you are looking for?   These came off a 1970 RT. Make me a reasonable offer and the shipping is on you. Where to? and I will check on shipping, next week, via USPS.
--  johnr  --

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: johnr on September 10, 2022, 12:24:59 PM
Are these what you are looking for?   These came off a 1970 RT. Make me a reasonable offer and the shipping is on you. Where to? and I will check on shipping, next week, via USPS.

Yes thats correct, i send you a mail.

71GranCoupe

You may need to PM him as his replies may be limited to having less than 10 posts.

Rasmusvestlin

Do you have Facebook? Its essier to talk there! I tried send you a message here but dont know if it got sent ..

MoparLeo

You do know that there were 2 different calipers available that year. One of them is unobtainium.
I am assuming this is for an OEM restoration otherwise you would want the improved 73 and up disc brakes.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: MoparLeo on September 10, 2022, 01:11:13 PM
You do know that there were 2 different calipers available that year. One of them is unobtainium.
I am assuming this is for an OEM restoration otherwise you would want the improved 73 and up disc brakes.

I know. But iam swaping from my rightstuff brake kit to willwood brakes, and i ordered to my 70 challenger, and willwood have the smaller bearing then. And i noticed that rightstuff uses the 73 and up spindle that have bigger bearing. So the only way to fit my willwood brake kit is to mount the correct 70-72 spindle. I should have ordered to a 73 modell but that is to late now.

MoparLeo

Why not sell what you got so you can get the upgraded parts ? Your parts will have less value if you use them.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

Does the Wilwood kit require a disc brake spindle or a drum brake spindle ? I know some of the aftermarket kits use a drum brake spindle... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: anlauto on September 10, 2022, 01:29:38 PM
Does the Wilwood kit require a disc brake spindle or a drum brake spindle ? I know some of the aftermarket kits use a drum brake spindle... :huh:

You can get both , either drum brake spindle or disc spindle. My kit is for disc spindles but for the 70-72 modell. And i have the 73 spindle.. didnt check that close enough before ordering.

Rasmusvestlin

Quote from: MoparLeo on September 10, 2022, 01:28:59 PM
Why not sell what you got so you can get the upgraded parts ? Your parts will have less value if you use them.

Its not so essy to just sell and order new when you live in Sweden. The shipment cost more then the parts and then you Will have to Wait months before it arrives. So buying the correct spindles is the easy way for me. Its not bad stuff just because it have smaller bearing.