Main Menu

Wanted: 73 Cuda Grille.

Started by chrispy1971gtx, October 15, 2017, 08:40:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chrispy1971gtx

Looking for a friend:

1973 Cuda Grille, in good condition, with headlight bezels.

PM me here.

thanks!

Cuda Cody

Have you checked with @MoparDave  and @TONY   They would be the first guys I would turn to if I was trying to find one.

Good luck!   :drinkingbud:

Chryco Psycho

chrispy1971gtx

Thanks!

Wow, things have change on the 72-74 Cuda parts.  Seems that it was only a few years ago that an NOS one was 400 bucks.

I think he was looking for a good used one. But I'll pass on the info.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Welcome @chrispy1971gtx
$900 is not a bad price for a complete new grille with headlight bezels , at least you can get them again !!

Roadman

Looked on  :ebay:  didn't find any used.    :rebelflag"

TONY

fyi, a few years ago before the repros came out, we were selling very nice originals for $1300 and nos for $1700
without headlight bezels

we dont bother with used ones any more, id reccomend buying the new one from Dave

Spikedog08

This is good information here . . . I didn't think they were available at all!   At least you have a choice and can get a brand new one!  Sweet!

:clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

chrispy1971gtx

I'm not an e-body pro.  Only had a few projects that I bought and sold.  Now wish I would have kept. 

I had a 73 340 "Barracuda" 3spd with console, 1 of 30.  Complete and running with build sheet.  Should have kept that one now!  Never would have guessed they'd appreciate so much in value.  Let alone the parts.

I'll let my buddy know.  His has  several cracks and some very unprofessional chop-cut-rebuild attempts.  I think, in the end, he would be better buying a new one.  Can't remember when I saw one at a swap meet for sale.

Chryco Psycho

At least new the plastic will not be brittle after 40+ years & hopefully is a better compound for the plastic

cuda hunter

Just saw an NOS one on craigslist last night for 1K. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparDave

Of all of the 3 versions of the cuda grille 72-74 is probably the worst in repair of 40+ year old plastic.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

HEMICUDA

Quote from: TONY on October 16, 2017, 08:54:28 AM
fyi, a few years ago before the repros came out, we were selling very nice originals for $1300 and nos for $1700
without headlight bezels

we dont bother with used ones any more, id reccomend buying the new one from Dave

I'm with Big Tony, call Dave and buy a new grille.  I've been repairing/restoring grilles for years, old brittle plastic blows.  Where I really screwed up was not selling the 15 restored original 70 Cuda grilles I have before we finished the 70 Cuda grille we partnered with MOPAR to make.